Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss driving my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday evening I told my family I was taking the Tesla (Alex Volta) for a walk. I’ve been suffering from acceleration withdrawal.

Anyone else with the same issue.

View attachment 535364

This post is totally foreign to me... because I take my Model 3 out every single day! There is quite literally no reason you can't go for a drive. And drive fast you can.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
I plan on selling our Model 3 and getting a Model Y in October (the 3 will be 2-years old by then). It currently has 20K miles on it and was likely to end-up having around 30K by October. My wife is a teacher and her school is closed the rest of the year and of course the summer. So now, it will only have maybe 21K or 22K by October and the value will be much higher than it would have been so there is a silver lining for us. I checked the resale value the other day and it's worth about what I owe on it (6 year loan) plus I got the $7500 tax credit. Not bad. I did well when I sold my Model S and Model X so I'm very happy with how well these cars hold their value.

I volunteered to pick up my parent's prescriptions and groceries and deliver them to their house as an excuse for a long drive. 2.5 hours. I think my dad was a little disappointed HE didn't get to do it in his performance model (it's a 45 minute drive for him), but he couldn't argue with the fact that I'm under 50 and waaay lower risk. Nicki Tesla and I were happy for the 300 mile round trip.

Yesterday evening I told my family I was taking the Tesla (Alex Volta) for a walk. I’ve been suffering from acceleration withdrawal.

View attachment 535364
Just get in your car and drive. Last Friday I got into Tess fortunately I live in Ohio and it’s not hard to get to some fun country roads. You don’t have to tell anybody and you can sneak away. That’s what I do in my model three.

View attachment 535364

Oh yeah. It's tough going from daily to once a week grocery trips, so I have taken my S for the occasional 'walk'. Once you've experienced "zero to speed limit in 2 or 3 seconds", it's like
IMG_20200213_174125_3.jpg
... Well... You all know what it's like, so......

• Funny
Reactions: TX_M3P+
I've had my MS since July, 2019 and have greatly enjoyed every trip. Since the lockdown (we can still drive to the grocer's), I regularly take "the long" way to and/or from shopping. I'm not driving as much as before, which makes every trip more special and enjoyable.
2408.JPG

Reactions: Wvapoker
I’ve been suffering from acceleration withdrawal.
View attachment 535364
Oh, my! Under normal circumstances, I drive 47 miles each way to and from work. I haven't driven to work since March 12 as I now build for virtual file cabinets of note templates in our EMR at home. And I love being home in Zigzag, OR up on Mt. Hood. It is heaven!!

But, I miss my car driving me so much!! She has driven me 20 miles each way to Sandy, OR to give my adult son his clothes, meds, pick up stuff for my grandkids, etc. I did that 3 times. And then one day after working, I HAD TO have her drive me to Sandy again just to listen to the awesome music and clap my hands while she was driving me!!! I got there and just went around a corner and it drove me back. I listened to the song "Fight Like a Girl" by Wilsn (no"o") and clapped the whole time. I did stop at my local gas station to chat with the staff there as I still stop at least once a week just to stay in touch. I used to see them every day when I drove my Highlander. I wore my mask and stayed 6 ft apart. And then one day last week, she drove me to Costco for the old person shopping time. She fit the $611 worth of stuff I spent there with no problem.
I am going to have to have her drive me again this week. I have to!! I miss her!! And she needs the exercise!!

I'm in an "essential" industry and still drive my Feb 2020 Model 3 daily. What really is a challenge is to keep the "new car" smell, instead of Whataburger and Taco Bueno. I am sooo looking forward to the day when I can sit in a restaurant and use a knife and fork. The Good Ship Venus is gonna get the Detailing of the Century once this crap is over.

The Blue Bunny was delivered to the front door in March with plastic wrapping on the steering wheel by a mask wearing guy wielding a plastic wrapped IPad ("Use your finger to sign here...") has 300 miles on it already! Poor thing is almost worn out... Cheri has been sitting in it, going through the manual and all the settings. For a total non techie, she is really getting to be an authority.

The Company issued me a pass to be out in the wild in case we get forcefully locked down. Also a similar document authorizing me to buy fuel should rationing occur. I'll treasure that one forever.

Last edited:
Thanks Kenny, I work at various hospitals also but in a different capacity. Some of the hospitals have like a make shift mash unit outside with white tents and all. I got to see my Dads burial via Zoom and those that were actually there at the cemetery could not go close to the casket but could watch from across the street. Crazy times my friend

Fred
Fred, take heart - I'm sure your Dad knows you were there in Spirit, just as he was, overlooking his grieving friends and loved ones.
Thanks for your service in health care. You have a bigger heart and set of clankers than I, my friend!

and while I'd love to go out 'just for a drive', that really isn't the best collective thing to do, I hope people realize that.
My hunch is that taking a drive in a Tesla would, collectively, possibly be better than NOT taking a drive. If you're charging at home and going stir crazy and would otherwise snap, that is the car to do it in. Gas pumps are among the best vectors for the virus, and you'd hate to be pumping gas right after somebody was fueling up their dualie on their way to a lockdown protest rally while they're sick without realizing it.

Reactions: Wvapoker