Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss freedom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I miss the road trips I used to make as well. Is the canola flowering this year? I can't see it from my 5km bubble.

I had used up my initial 1500km supercharging and was just starting my second 1500km from referral when the pandemic hit. Now I watch as it gets close to expiry with no chance to drive anywhere in sight and no chance to use it.

Screenshot_20200905-065037_Tesla.png

Won't be hearing much push back from the Australians, when the authorities are out there arresting people for posting their "anti-covid" agenda
Victoria Police arrest another online supporter of anti-lockdown protests
Quite right too, people here don’t have the “freedom” to put other people’s health at risk, particularly on the basis of conspiracy theories, nut-job anti-science and alt-facts. Maybe it is tolerated in your country, where the “rights” of the individual appear to be more important than the right of society as a whole to be safe.

All I can say is, the vast majority of Australians are very thankful we are not the USA, where the Covid-19 death rate per million is 20 times higher than it is here. I’ll take our freedom any day!

Is there a med
Tragic, condolences to them.

Draconian edict is not and should not be the answer to a question of personal responsibility.

Sure, temporarily it seems to make sense, but at what point is enough, enough? At what point is the bandage more harmful than the scrape? Will you allow it to fester into gangrene?
As the good people of Sweden have shown, humans in majority struggle to take personal responsibility. Looking at their number of deaths, infections per million, and economic damage, the data suggests the scrape is more harmful than the bandage.

There is too much focus on mortality regarding this virus, when actually morbidity is the more worrying outcome.
There are a huge amount of unknown consequences to catching this virus, including MRI discernible changes in heart shape and long-term lung deficiencies, as well as autoimmune problems.
This is no time for conspiracy theories, all we need to do is follow the best science to reduce our risk.
Life is long, and we have lots more Tesla road trips and exciting innovations ahead of us, but only if we are alive to see them :)

I miss the wine in front of some fireplace. I miss the time withe the family talking about whatever.

So you can’t drink wine or talk to your family now? I get it that things have changed and it sucks, but you can still make the best of the situation.

I know I “invaded” the Australia thread and I’m from the States (hate to call it united today), but Sydney is my favorite city, so that counts for something, right?

So you can’t drink wine or talk to your family now? I get it that things have changed and it sucks, but you can still make the best of the situation.

I know I “invaded” the Australia thread and I’m from the States (hate to call it united today), but Sydney is my favorite city, so that counts for something, right?
It’s okay, you’re here on essential business. :D