Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I only got 25K miles out of my Continental Extreme Contact tires...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 70D with 20" rims and I need to replace my tires. I don't know if 25K miles is low for that tire or not but they came with a 50K mile tread warranty which I understand is probably useless.

Any suggestions for a good all weather tire that might get more than 25K miles out of them?

I had Contis on my M3 and I was lucky if I got 10K out of them. I drove the hell out of that machine. I also drove it with Toyo Proxes and Michelin Pilot Sports. I liked the Continental best of the three overall despite the wear. Michelin lasted longer than the others but did not grab as well though the weight of a Tesla would probably be an equalizer there.

FWIW I've never even gotten close to 25k miles on a good z rated tire with normal city driving. The tread may hold up to 50k if you road trip a lot and drive like a bluehair. ;)

I have a 70D with 20" rims and I need to replace my tires. I don't know if 25K miles is low for that tire or not but they came with a 50K mile tread warranty which I understand is probably useless.

Any suggestions for a good all weather tire that might get more than 25K miles out of them?
If your warranty of 50k isn't honored - don't take it lying down. Mfg. can't just make up any old numbers they want.
Devil is of course in the details.

25K miles actually sounds really good! Don't think that I have ever been able to get that many miles!!!

The mileage you get is COMPLETELY dependent on how you drive. I once signed for a performance driving school and it was so much fun but also quite expensive. One of the reasons they gave is that they run through tires about every 600 miles because the cars are pushed so hard.

How were the tires otherwise?

Not exactly the same but we got 26k miles out of our 20” on our 90D X Conti tires. Ended up replacing them with Conti again as they are quite and for the staggered setup there are just not that many options. $1600 which equates to about $1000/yr in tires for us...

We just clicked over 21,000 miles yesterday and still have about 1/2 the tread wear left. For safety we may change the tires early, but depends on where we are and if any trips ahead. Our next trip season begins in mid April and by late August we will have added another 13,000 miles in trips plus our local driving.

Rain is so infrequent in San Diego that when it does happen we can just slow down when the road is wet.

When our Nissan Leaf was rear-ended and the insurance company decided to total it rather than repair we had right at 50,000 miles, all on the original tires. I had planned to get a new set a couple of week earlier, but ended up having to postpone. Now I am glad I did. Saved me a LOT of money.

35,000+ miles.
My original Continental ContiSilent tires still have substantial legal tread life left at 35,000 miles.
Mostly CHILL miles in a cool climate ... Canada.
Replacing them with new tires on Nov 29 ... in case it snows. :)
$1,640 CAD bottom line, installed, from tires23 in Mississauga.

Heavy car, great torque etc... can really wear the tires. I get this from experience. My Model S with 38k miles is on ten tires now. Changed rear once at 15k, then changed all 4 at 28k. The upside is I have not changed brakes and don't intend to for a while :)