Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-Pace vs P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never thought of Tesla as a particularly feminine car company...

How many guys driving Model X?

They don’t discuss this crap at bimmerfest or Corvette forums for sure.

Tesla is a big tent with all the demographics it represents.

Believe me I’ve been wtf tossed on my head at threads where “men” complain about the trunk being too heavy. The hell???!

Just take off your murse and set that pumpkin spice latte (with soy) down. Use both hands if you must.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: wws
I think in the future, when the voice command is sussed out, we will realize you don't need a button for anything

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. ;)

Apple can’t even tell two Asians apart with Face ID.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/21/chinese-users-claim-iphone-x-face-recognition-cant-tell-them-apart/

How is Tesla going to be able to distinguish between accents?

Imaging putting an Irishman, Texan, and someone from Jersey Shore together and training voice recognition. :D

English (England) vs English (America) always cracked me up when configuring stuff.

How many guys driving Model X?

They don’t discuss this crap at bimmerfest or Corvette forums for sure.

Nor the Porsche forums.

Tesla is a big tent with all the demographics it represents.

Believe me I’ve been wtf tossed on my head at threads where “men” complain about the trunk being too heavy. The hell???!

Just take off your murse and set that pumpkin spice latte (with soy) down. Use both hands if you must.

:D Maybe I should call my red Model 3 "Tiffany"?

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
Let me correct myself - with normal car interior.

Interior is garbage, Jag might have the worst interface out of all the luxury brands. You think talking about the model 3 touchscreen is a good tactic, but it's one of the best features of the car. I still don't get how people don't understand this. The "touchscreen" on the center console of the Jag will cause an accident if you try to use it.

I have not seen an iPace but I have driven a very late-model Jaguar F-Type. I greatly prefer the interior of the Tesla 3 over the Jag interior. I can understand that others may prefer a more confusing and button-heavy interior, but I really think these are people who have not spent time in a Tesla. The Model 3 is incredibly well-designed for the driver and I am looking forward to seeing how V9 might even improve this further.

I have not seen an iPace but I have driven a very late-model Jaguar F-Type. I greatly prefer the interior of the Tesla 3 over the Jag interior. I can understand that others may prefer a more confusing and button-heavy interior, but I really think these are people who have not spent time in a Tesla. The Model 3 is incredibly well-designed for the driver and I am looking forward to seeing how V9 might even improve this further.
Button-heavy? What are you talking about? I-Pace has 4 more buttons plus transmission button and start/stop (you know, to avoid that vampire battery discharge)

Ah... so you are the kind of guy who would prefer a smartphone with a tiny display and a small numeric keypad. Gotcha. :p
No, I prefer my regular $30 dollars juicer to a $400 over engineered buttonless piece of crap that cannot make juice properly, but has an iPhone app ;)

P.S. If I need to choose a device just for calls I’d buy a flip phone with numeric keypad in a heartbeat. Are you using your Tesla to watch YouTube and post kittens to SNs most of the time? ;)

Last edited:
Interior is garbage, Jag might have the worst interface out of all the luxury brands. You think talking about the model 3 touchscreen is a good tactic, but it's one of the best features of the car. I still don't get how people don't understand this. The "touchscreen" on the center console of the Jag will cause an accident if you try to use it.
I’d argue that the best feature of the M3 its drivetrain. The rest - “engineering gone wild”

No, I prefer my regular $30 dollars juicer to a $400 over engineered buttonless piece of crap that cannot make juice properly, but has an iPhone app ;)

P.S. If I need to choose a device just for calls I’d buy a flip phone with numeric keypad in a heartbeat. Are you using your Tesla to watch YouTube and post kittens to SNs most of the time? ;)

34597997-5C2C-4D24-BCBC-D2EA6CB338DD.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: cfttester
Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. ;)

Apple can’t even tell two Asians apart with Face ID.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/21/chinese-users-claim-iphone-x-face-recognition-cant-tell-them-apart/

How is Tesla going to be able to distinguish between accents?

Imaging putting an Irishman, Texan, and someone from Jersey Shore together and training voice recognition. :D

English (England) vs English (America) always cracked me up when configuring stuff.
Watching BBC television shows Welsh accents always gave me the hardest time.

Reactions: MXWing