Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I returned my model Y after 24 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if one of the purposes of the car is for road trips both the range and supercharger network would be really big deals. I have an X and I’ve done over 15k miles of road trips on it, most of which would have been much harder without supercharging.

Looks like other EV charging infra has significantly caught up though. At least as much as it organically did compared to 2 years ago. The part I think for me is the most significant during road trips is the ride comfort. That's where all of this is falling apart. I have scheduled a test drive of a 5 seat Model x this Friday. Will sell my Macan and ding my 401k and get that if it's good :D.

I noticed that the Model 3 starts to be noisy at highway speed when the back seat is folded.

Especially because the back widows would reflect any road noise toward the front of the car.

I will certainly put some additional floor sound absorbing mat (that can be found at Home Depot) in the trunk of the Model Y,

Thanks, that’s a interesting idea. I routinely leave the back seats down since I drive with one or two dogs. I throw a large quilt over the trunk carpeting to catch dog hair. I’ve never noticed rear noise in my Model 3. Maybe the sound deafening from a thick quilt is doing the trick.

I’ll now add “back trunk quilt” to the Model Y accessory list”.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Wanted to come back and post this thread as an update. I am the OP.

I got a new Model Y LR with 19 inch Gemini wheels. The ride is super smooth and noise isolation is better than my Macan. Just to be sure, we made 2 road-trips of 500 miles r/t each before concluding. The auto pilot, as expected makes a big difference for road-trips, and since the cabin bumpiness and quietness concerns are resolved, this car is potentially the best bang for a small SUV buck out there for small families. The expanded storage, glass roof and the super charger road-tripping are just bonuses.

Adding edit :

Attaching a picture. The car is nearly flawless. The trunk seemed to make higher than normal noise during unlatching. The mobile service person fixed it in 2 mins by pushing the rubber contact points.

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_174405.jpg
    IMG_20200717_174405.jpg
    812.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.