Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I set my charge level to 90%. Why does it charge to 100%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my level is at 90% and this is the third time I'm charging it, but first time it charged to 100% even though it's set for 90%? Anyone else have this oddity? Also, after it was done, like 15m later, it said that charging has started again. Then, it was done 10m later... Talk about buggy.

Have you charged at that location before at a different setting? I think the vehicle remembers where you are when you make changes to the charge level. At minimum it remembers if you have scheduled charging set. Could also remember percentage as well.

Have you charged at that location before at a different setting? I think the vehicle remembers where you are when you make changes to the charge level. At minimum it remembers if you have scheduled charging set. Could also remember percentage as well.

Nope. Just at my home. So this morning, I'm at 90% now. So all is good. It's these little bugs that really scare me that no one can figure out why it charged to 100%.

Nope. Just at my home. So this morning, I'm at 90% now. So all is good. It's these little bugs that really scare me that no one can figure out why it charged to 100%.
If you can’t reproduce it, don’t worry about it. Nothing to be scared about. Remember you’re driving a computer more than a car. All software has bugs. There are others and there will be more. Remember the rebooting solves most problems and just enjoy your car.