Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I sometimes can't pull the charger wand out of the port...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I want to disconnect the Tesla wall charger cable from the car, I press the button on the wand. The lights then change from green (cause it's still charging) to blue but then back to green. If it does turn white, it turns white for a brief moment until I try to take out the handle when it then turns blue or green again and I can't.

Typically, I have to press the button and go through the light color cycles four or five times before I can then get the handle out - I think it is when I time my pull to the brief moment (<1 sec) when I have a white light.

Anyone else see this? Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: TampaRich
. At least on the S there is a dead zone by the charger port where the car doesn't see the key fob. My usual routine as I approach the car from the rear is walk forward to the rear door so the the key fob can be recognized then take a step back to the charger plug and hold the button until it turns the ring around the port turns white and then attempt to remove it.

On the MX, at least on my car, you must unlock the car either by opening a door with the handle or the key fob. Press and hold the charger handle button until the light ring turns white, then pull handle out. Coincidentally, opening the trunk does not qualify as unlocking the car.

I didn't figure this out until this past weekend: If you hold down the button on the connector, it will remain unlocked (white) until you pull the connector out. This was after fighting with the car for 3 for 4 button presses and not being able to pull the connector out in time.