TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I think I just figured out the Ventilated Seats!!!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ramisanders, May 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ramisanders

Ramisanders Member

The ventilated seats were performing up to my standard. Then I read somewhere that it blows air from under the seats... so I turned on the foot air setting and now the air is blowing much cooler in my seat. Anyone have this figured out?

Let me know if this works for you?

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I don't know about "blowing" any air. The seats work by sucking air from the seat cushion down and away from your body. Maybe by putting the A/C on the foot setting, you are getting some cold air around your thighs, which is then sucked through the seat?

• Like x 2
  3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Ventilated seats are there to offer air circulation. Do not know that Tesla claims any forced air cooling or suction.

4. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

No matter how the air flows, I am very pleased to have ordered the option in time to get ventilated seats in the 2017 MS 90D. Every hot day, it is a pleasure to enjoy the added comfort they provide.

5. travwill

travwill Active Member

I've used them on long road trips and they kinda work. They suck air, to wick away heat/moisture. They do not blow at all. The suction isn't very strong though and you'll only notice it a bit on the highest (3) setting I'd say.

I do like them, they make a little bit of fan noise, but can help on longer trips to avoid "sweaty butt" ;-)...

• Funny x 1