Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I will use your code for a ride!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.
I will be very appreciated if someone in Perth could show and drive me and my wife in a Tesla.
My appreciation will be in applying owner reference code with the Model 3 order. Currently, we are waiting for the bank approval.
It would be a nice surprise for my wife (22nd of July is her birthday). She never saw any Tesla close.
PM me who is interested.
Tesla Model s is preferable as it is closer to Model 3.

I'd be more than happy to give you a spin in a MX or MS (I have both) at any time, but will not give you my referral code on principle. If you want a referral code, there are plenty of Tesla YouTubers out there who spruik their referral codes.

Alternatively, the Tesla Owners Club Western Australia (TOCWA) holds casual meetups every month which are open to anyone, including those who have never seen a Tesla before. The dates and venues for these events are in TOCWA's Events forum here: Upcoming Events

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue heaven
Since a referral gives out free supercharging and he has an S and X, he probably has free supercharging for life so it's of no benefit to him, so he's leaving the referral option open to someone else who could benefit from it :)

Original model X and S owners with lifetime free supercharging still get benefits from referrals. From my point of view the once handy referral program has been hijacked by a number of people who have more interest in self benefit and very little if not zero interest in the advancement of Tesla, some of these people racing to shove referrals down other people's throats have barely sat in a showroom Tesla let alone own or driven one for any length of time, the information they often provide is incorrect and misleading. Rant over (for now).

Out of curiosity - what principal? I figured any referral was a win-win for both parties?

I don't give out referral codes and I object to the referral program because it turns normal people into greedy green-eyed monsters who will do anything to prostitute themselves in order to get referrals. They then go on to justify their actions by claiming that they are assisting Tesla "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy".

I personally know someone in this forum who listed their car on Carsales for many months in order to lure prospective buyers into using his referral code. (He had a nosecone S and a facelift S) Rather than actually selling his car, he would convince buyers to mostly buy a Tesla inventory car or Tesla used car using his referral code. When one buyer actually offered to pay the price he asked, he simply raised the price of the car on Carsales and openly admitted doing so. A funny coincidence in this case is that this person finally sold his car less than a week after the previous (overly generous) referral program ended.

I, and I'm sure the vast majority of Tesla owners, are more than happy to let anyone have a suss of our cars for absolutely ZERO return - and that includes free Supercharging miles or car lottery tickets.

I dare say that owners with zero skin in the game will give much more frank and valuable car advice to a prospective buyer than someone who through self-interest acts no better than a dodgy car salesman.

Reactions: paulp
I don't give out referral codes and I object to the referral program because it turns normal people into greedy green-eyed monsters who will do anything to prostitute themselves in order to get referrals.

Okay. So some people are assholes so any program that could be exploited by assholes should be shut down. Cool.

I assume this whole capitalist society thing grinds your gears.

I don't understand - but the world is a marvelous place full of interesting people with wildly varying opinions.

I don’t really care about the current referral program per-se since it’s now not really that expensive for Tesla. For example, no-one believes that Bjorn Nyland (a prolific YouTuber) will ever get to use the over one and half million kilometers of Supercharging credits he already has. So any further credits he continues to get are effectively free to Tesla.

There is actually a much bigger issue that this thread has raised.

The reason this thread exists at all is because the original poster lives in Perth, Western Australia.
We all know that Australia is the arse-end of Tesla's world and that Perth is a mere freckle on that arse. There are zero retail outlets here and not even a bonafide service centre. If someone in Perth wants to have a sit in a Tesla and they ring Tesla's sales team on 1800 646 952, they are very generously invited to have a test drive in a car in Sydney or Melbourne - a mere 3,500km away.

Imagine if Tesla had actually invested some of the much wasted referral prize money into opening a simple retail outlet in Perth (with a population of over 2 million) like the one in Chadstone in Melbourne - they'd probably find they would have sold more than twice as many cars in WA as they have so far.

Reactions: Dakah3 and Jays200
I don’t really care about the current referral program per-se since it’s now not really that expensive for Tesla. For example, no-one believes that Bjorn Nyland (a prolific YouTuber) will ever get to use the over one and half million kilometers of Supercharging credits he already has. So any further credits he continues to get are effectively free to Tesla.

There is actually a much bigger issue that this thread has raised.

The reason this thread exists at all is because the original poster lives in Perth, Western Australia.
We all know that Australia is the arse-end of Tesla's world and that Perth is a mere freckle on that arse. There are zero retail outlets here and not even a bonafide service centre. If someone in Perth wants to have a sit in a Tesla and they ring Tesla's sales team on 1800 646 952, they are very generously invited to have a test drive in a car in Sydney or Melbourne - a mere 3,500km away.

Imagine if Tesla had actually invested some of the much wasted referral prize money into opening a simple retail outlet in Perth (with a population of over 2 million) like the one in Chadstone in Melbourne - they'd probably find they would have sold more than twice as many cars in WA as they have so far.
Tesla certainly does a terrible job of milking each market. I suspect it is because they are supply constrained, at least for Model 3, and there are still so many fresh sites around the world.
I was at the St Leonards service centre today (previously retail and service).
Tesla abandoned their retail presence at this large glass-fronted premises as part of their cost saving program. All retail now only at the city store.
I often see potential customers come in with questions and stand around bewildered until they are shoo’d out by a random technician.
I hate to say it, but Tesla could benefit from the dealership model. There would certainly be no shortage of enterprising individuals in Perth who’d be happy to set up shop selling Teslas.

I don't give out referral codes and I object to the referral program because it turns normal people into greedy green-eyed monsters who will do anything to prostitute themselves in order to get referrals. They then go on to justify their actions by claiming that they are assisting Tesla "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy".

I personally know someone in this forum who listed their car on Carsales for many months in order to lure prospective buyers into using his referral code. (He had a nosecone S and a facelift S) Rather than actually selling his car, he would convince buyers to mostly buy a Tesla inventory car or Tesla used car using his referral code. When one buyer actually offered to pay the price he asked, he simply raised the price of the car on Carsales and openly admitted doing so. A funny coincidence in this case is that this person finally sold his car less than a week after the previous (overly generous) referral program ended.

I, and I'm sure the vast majority of Tesla owners, are more than happy to let anyone have a suss of our cars for absolutely ZERO return - and that includes free Supercharging miles or car lottery tickets.

I dare say that owners with zero skin in the game will give much more frank and valuable car advice to a prospective buyer than someone who through self-interest acts no better than a dodgy car salesman.

Hahaha You gave it away when you mentioned the time it took to sell the S. I always wondered about that.

• Funny
Reactions: Jays200