Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Wish Tesla Offered A Discounted Acceleration Boost!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Please let us know when they do. There are aftermarket options for half the price. If it was easier to get to to remove and add each time you needed service, I'd consider it. But then again, how often do you need service. Having the 980 motor, I might as well go for the 150HP option anyway.

Reactions: MikeInFL
I'm planning on getting the boost upgrade in the summer when the roads are safer.. That said, if they offered any kinda discount I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

Have they EVER done a boost sale before (ie. Model 3)?

Nothing yet, but they have sales on EAP and FSD from time to time it seems. I would think Acceleration Boost would be an option also.

@MikeInFL, You know how all these people that are jokingly proclaiming how much they dislike you right now? Well, they will have their revenge. (We seen this before). Elon will increase the price of the item, in this case the Performance boost and make today's (non-discounted) price look like a bargain. Or, or, or, they will discontinue it, and you won't be able to get it at all. They have done that too. And we've seen those "regretters" beg for them to bring something back that had plenty of opportunity to get it.

And you sat back and didn't buy it today, and will start another thread later, how unfair it is to not get the old price. Like I said, we've seen this all before. So, you should just pay your penance and get it while you can and before the chance is taken away from you.

Or don't. Okay with me.

@MikeInFL, You know how all these people that are jokingly proclaiming how much they dislike you right now? Well, they will have their revenge. (We seen this before). Elon will increase the price of the item, in this case the Performance boost and make today's (non-discounted) price look like a bargain. Or, or, or, they will discontinue it, and you won't be able to get it at all. They have done that too. And we've seen those "regretters" beg for them to bring something back that had plenty of opportunity to get it.

And you sat back and didn't buy it today, and will start another thread later, how unfair it is to not get the old price. Like I said, we've seen this all before. So, you should just pay your penance and get it while you can and before the chance is taken away from you.

Or don't. Okay with me.
Tesla has never raised the price of nor discontinued availability of (nor discounted) the Acceleration Boost product on the only other vehicle for which it’s been offered, the M3.

It is a cat and mouse game, Ingenext will find a way, Tesla will counter it, and back to the start. Regardless of the boost options, I find the other features appealing. They add functionality.

Unfortunately, the cat and mouse game can get long in the tooth on occasion.

Lots of BMW performance cars are awaiting tuners to unlock their Bosch ECUs again based on the new software that prevents upgrades. It’s been almost 8 months. Previously it took M3 owners 1 year atleast for the ECU code.

If paying 1k and waiting when Tesla does find a way to prevent these types of modules from working then definitely take the plunge. I just don’t see upside for long term use.

No interest at $2k... maybe but probably not at $1k. Definite yes at $500. It’s too much to rent some extra acceleration that I might use a few times a week at most. Let’s say I have the car for 4 years. At $2000 it’d cost me about $40/mo. for a software unlock that might make me smile a little a few days a week initially... that might wear off over time. If I buy a new car in 2 years might be double that since I might be able to recoup a small fraction of the cost on resale. I don’t see the value.

No interest at $2k... maybe but probably not at $1k. Definite yes at $500. It’s too much to rent some extra acceleration that I might use a few times a week at most. Let’s say I have the car for 4 years. At $2000 it’d cost me about $40/mo. for a software unlock that might make me smile a little a few days a week initially... that might wear off over time. If I buy a new car in 2 years might be double that since I might be able to recoup a small fraction of the cost on resale. I don’t see the value.
Sometimes it's better to leave the financial analysis out of the equation when you're trying to justifying the fun factor. If you do a cost benefit analysis on every decision, obviously this upgrade isn't for you.

I wonder if Tesla hasn't "sandbagged" some performance in both the LR and P Model Y to cover any competitor's attempt to "out spec" the Tesla. I'd gladly pay for a future performance boost if it got my LR AWD down to 3.9 seconds.

Seems that's an easy way for Tesla to make some cash in the 1st Qtr. Ready, willing, and able to throw some cash at you.