Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICBC New Rates???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reboot

Dec 19, 2020
Delta
I am planning on purchasing a 2021 Model 3 SR+ in the next couple of months. I am curious what current owners are paying for insurance in the lower mainland. I am also curious if any of you have used the online estimator from ICBC to what it will cost after May 1, 2021. I would have the full discount unless something bad happens in the next couple of months;-)

what is "the lower mainland" so I can move this post to the appropriate regional section? Also, just as a side note, at least in the US shopping for car insurance is very dependant on each individual person, so trying to get some sort of consensus price is impossible.

Maybe its different in wherever "the lower mainland" is. When I google ICBC, it appears to be in china.

Remember that premiums can vary greatly based on a lot of factors. Yes your postal code is definitely one of them (my partner's rates came down a little moving less than a couple of KM away, for example). But also your age, years of experience, past claim history, vehicle cost, and options you picked since you can pick different levels of deductibles, different amounts of liability insurance, etc. You'd literally have to list all that out to make any sort of meaningful comparison between replies in a thread like this.

In vancouver area and just got a quote for $2000 for $300 deductible and $2 million coverage for a M3 sr+. i am a perfect driver, never a ticket or claim over 25 years. Wife is the same over 10 years.

previous 2005 Nissan was comparable.

Historically the Lower Mainland had the highest regional rate and Victoria had the lowest in BC. My sister used to laugh at me when I paid more for my Toyota Tercel in Vancouver than she paid for her newer Nissan 240Z in Victoria.
Wow, I am dating myself.
Currently I pay about 2200.00 for my 2015 Model S with to and from work <15km. There were a few rebate checks in there along the way.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung