Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE cars are dangerous.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We could probably afford to replace her Impreza with a 2012 Leaf, but it doesn't have the range or cargo space she wants.

Due to health problems her income has been down dramatically this year. She does have good health insurance that covers most of her costs, but she's still waiting for some bills the insurance won't cover. Fortunately her long term prognosis is excellent, but money is tight.

I'm probably one of the poorest Model S owners on this forum. I drove a 1992 Buick for 24 years and replaced it with my S. It was a major budget stretch and I probably wouldn't have done it if I knew my SO was going to have the health problems. Financially we're doing OK on just my income and I absolutely love my car, but right now major expenses are only called for if it's absolutely necessary.

Best of luck! Hope it all passes and your SO gets better! More important than a car.

I don't think that was a BLEVE. Might have just been ignited by the blue car's exhaust system (most likely the catalytic converter).

Agreed. There was clearly a long line of something flammable on the ground before the point where the car stopped - the trees are just starting to catch on fire as he backs away, with smoke going straight up. I don't see how that combination is possible unless there was a pool of something flammable there just waiting for the spark that the car provided.

The fire that destroyed a Smart car being driven by a Swiss visitor to Ottawa last October may have been caused by an animal, Transport Canada has announced as the carmaker continues a recall of the same vehicles for a different reason.

<snip>

The car that suddenly went up in flames on the Queensway near Bronson Avenue was a 2008, but in an email to CBC, Transport Canada said its investigation "identified animal nesting material near alternator as possible cause."

<snip>
Full article at:
Animal may have caused dramatic Smart car fire | CBC News

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/volts-fire-gm-doesnt-care-omeed-badkoobeh

Two things:

1 - GM doesn’t care about the fire because ICE engines spontaneously combust all the time
2 - Isn’t it just great to see how well the dealer network takes care of the consumer?

(Ok, one more, and all the comments are focused on why it was posted on LinkedIn instead of twitter? Smh)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/volts-fire-gm-doesnt-care-omeed-badkoobeh

Two things:

1 - GM doesn’t care about the fire because ICE engines spontaneously combust all the time
2 - Isn’t it just great to see how well the dealer network takes care of the consumer?

(Ok, one more, and all the comments are focused on why it was posted on LinkedIn instead of twitter? Smh)

Where are all the GM-bashing alarmist headlines!?!? If Tesla’s cars did this it would be headline news all over the world.

I can't find any details, but in this article this line jumped out at me:
The Latest: California wildfire burns 500-plus structures

"The blaze grew to 75 square miles (194 square kilometers) by Friday night. It began Monday with a mechanical failure of a vehicle. It grew completely out of control on Thursday, tearing through two small communities and reaching the city of Redding."

They are calling it the "Carr Fire", but maybe it should just be called the "Car Fire".

It could have been a hot catalytic converter on dry grass. Or it could have been an actual ICE fire while driving on dry grass with either a passenger vehicle or an off road vehicle.

Reactions: nwdiver