Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE Guilt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was me. ICE and electric cars are both awesome. Why do I have to pick a side?

You don't my man. IMO electric technology has made them outdated. I guess if you disagree that electric technology is superior to ICE in terms of efficiency and performance, we have a fundamental difference. But I was just making a funny joke and also saying that I have no ICE guilt regarding my previous car. I have other issues with this car, but the driving performance isn't one of them. Look at the top two finishes in Goodwood this year, both electric. ICE will always have a place, but it is old tech.

I do miss the reliable blind spot monitoring and ventilated/cooled seats it offered as well! But I do have to say, I don't miss the infotainment system it had the maps were horrible and that stupid mouse control is annoying to use!

Didn't Tesla's v9 upgrade the cars with blind spot monitoring now? It will only get better as they refine things and add features--Something you couldn't have added on many other cars after purchase.

That was me. ICE and electric cars are both awesome. Why do I have to pick a side?

You don't. People still ride horses and use stirrups. But horses' popularity declined due to the greater maintenance and pollution, a similar problem with ICE vs Electrics. No Way could we rack on thousands of miles a year on horses and afford the feed or the massive waste removal problems. Already we see massive problems on our horizon due to automotive oil use and CO2 increases/heat buildup.

As I recall, some 70% of pollution is due to ICE use.

• Disagree
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
I will say that Electric tech is inferior in terms of performance because of weight, which is the Public Enemy Number 1 of performance in vehicles (except for drag races, which can be won by brute force alone).

In terms of efficiency, Electric tech is superior, no arguments there.

Logistics are also crucial, and Electric tech is improving, but it is a long way away from surpassing the logistics available to ICE cars. Thus the end of the ICE isn't "near."

Interesting....
upload_2018-10-18_15-2-9.png

upload_2018-10-18_15-2-22.png

Reactions: TrumpetTitan