Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE: Would you ever go back?

When you're ready to replace your Model 3, would you consider ICE for your next car?

• Yes. I could see going back.

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • No. Not ever. No way.

Votes: 282 78.6%
  • Maybe. Answering questions about the future is hard.

Votes: 55 15.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's why countries with average low IQs have so much innovation. and brands. and EVs.
Well... if you’re speaking USA you’ll notice our innovation tends to come mostly from a few concentrated areas wherebthe best talent migrates tinand then mixes in with a very healthy immigrant population in BOTH skilled and unskilled labor.

Silicon Valley is a geographicly tiny area that has a very unusually global population and a culture that encourages innovation. It tends to attract people who are thinkers, even among the blue-collar set.
- And it’s one of the biggest reasons California is the 5th largest economy in the world (another would be our agriculture, and the last would be the slowly fading but still economicly diverse star of LA).

I find it hard to imagine a world without owning a manual transmission. I don't care if it is gas, but I know that's the only way to use a clutch.

Outside of that, I love the M3 and find myself wanting to drive it (one pedal!) more than my STI.

I find it hard to imagine a world without owning a manual transmission. I don't care if it is gas, but I know that's the only way to use a clutch.

Outside of that, I love the M3 and find myself wanting to drive it (one pedal!) more than my STI.

The M3 is a manual! I have to manually place it in Drive, Reverse or Park. The car does not automatically (yet) change gears. Is that not what you meant? :)

OK, so I know it's not really a manual but I cringe every time I see Automatic (A1) as it is a 1-speed fixed gear and nothing automatic about it. I know it's semantics, but a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Snow Drift
OK, so I know it's not really a manual but I cringe every time I see Automatic (A1) as it is a 1-speed fixed gear and nothing automatic about it. I know it's semantics, but a pet peeve of mine.

With a manual, you have to engage the clutch to switch to neutral every time you come to a stop. Otherwise the engine will stall out. Even with just 1 gear, you don't have to on the Tesla. Doesn't that make it "automatic"?

With a manual, you have to engage the clutch to switch to neutral every time you come to a stop. Otherwise the engine will stall out. Even with just 1 gear, you don't have to on the Tesla. Doesn't that make it "automatic"?

That is just a design flaw of an IC engine as it typically can not go to 0 rpm. An electric motor can go to zero with no issue.