Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea : EAP Fire Sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all these incentives-upon-incentives for new buyers. Non-owners. I think Tesla should cut the price of EAP for a year-end sale. They should show its existing, loyal customers some love. I think $1,000 is appropriate. That seems fair.

I bet Tesla would bet far more margin from a fire sale of EAP and FSD than the 3/Y incentives.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
This is truth. When Tesla decided to delete USS before having the Vision software ready, they should have at least given those cars free EAP as a good faith gesture.

Yup. Just like when they removed radar. My car was one of the first batch of no radar cars and TACC and AP were horrible for about 8 months before they got it to a fairly functional level. We didn't get any compensation for this debacle, so I wouldn't expect USS-less cars to be compensated in any way.

Keith

I have not tried most of EAP functions even though I rented a M3P with FSD (no beta though) earlier this year. Based on what I know, EAP is close to worthless as far as functionalities go. Even so, I might actually buy it if it was say $2000 or less. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Tesla would make a ton more money on EAP purchases if it was $2000 versus $6000. I would not even begin to consider it at $6k, but might part with $2k for it. Based on comments on these forums, it seems that many won't consider it at $6k either, but would at a lower price.

I have not tried most of EAP functions even though I rented a M3P with FSD (no beta though) earlier this year. Based on what I know, EAP is close to worthless as far as functionalities go. Even so, I might actually buy it if it was say $2000 or less. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Tesla would make a ton more money on EAP purchases if it was $2000 versus $6000. I would not even begin to consider it at $6k, but might part with $2k for it. Based on comments on these forums, it seems that many won't consider it at $6k either, but would at a lower price.

You got that backwards, the only parts of FSD that actually work reliably are included in EAP. I do agree that those functions are not worth $6,000 though. The only EAP function I would really care about is auto lane change, and most other manufacturers include that function with their basic self driving tech... sure isn't worth $6,000 for me.

Keith

Reactions: Mike7564 and robd