Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot needs manual lane change without disengage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from people just being cheap (who wouldn't want Nike shoes for the price of Vans), there are three "trim" levels in a Tesla. You want the functionality of the 2nd and 3rd trim levels. So buy the 2nd or 3rd trim levels.

"But, but, but the competition has that functionality in their base trim!!!" So go buy a pair of Vans instead of the Nikes - cuz the Nikes are more expensive for the same thing - a pair of shoes.
No.
It is two different functions. Similar at certain points but not the same

Reactions: E90alex
Aside from people just being cheap (who wouldn't want Nike shoes for the price of Vans), there are three "trim" levels in a Tesla. You want the functionality of the 2nd and 3rd trim levels. So buy the 2nd or 3rd trim levels.
I don’t care about any of the functionality of EAP or FSD. I don’t need or want it to change lanes automatically. I just want it to auto-resume Autosteer after I manually change lanes.

Reactions: mspohr and yessuz
Your two sentences contradict each other. You do in fact want some of the functionality of EAP or FSD - the auto lane change feature.
No
Because EAP:
1) DOES NOT Disengage
2) doest it automatically - auto change

EAP have other functionality, like summon etc which I do not care

What sane people are asking is just simply:
Re-enable Autosteer once lane changed and lane centered.

Not too had to do, as others who provide third party equipment+ software, does it no problem.. for the fraction of EAP cost . See few posts above

Reactions: mspohr
No
Because EAP:
1) DOES NOT Disengage
2) doest it automatically - auto change

EAP have other functionality, like summon etc which I do not care

What sane people are asking is just simply:
Re-enable Autosteer once lane changed and lane centered.

Not too had to do, as others who provide third party equipment+ software, does it no problem.. for the fraction of EAP cost . See few posts above
Almost every car I purchased, I upgraded the audio system with aftermarket (3rd party) equipment. Big amp, subwoofer, better door speakers, etc. Sounds like this may be a non-issue for you guys, since there is an aftermarket solution that gives you want you want for a fraction of the cost of the next trim level.

Your two sentences contradict each other. You do in fact want some of the functionality of EAP or FSD - the auto lane change feature.
No they don’t. They are completely separate things. I don’t want auto lane change. Auto-resuming Autosteer is not auto lane change. I want to do the lane change myself. I just don’t want to have to manually turn on autosteer again after I make the lane change.

Almost every car I purchased, I upgraded the audio system with aftermarket (3rd party) equipment. Big amp, subwoofer, better door speakers, etc. Sounds like this may be a non-issue for you guys, since there is an aftermarket solution that gives you want you want for a fraction of the cost of the next trim level.
Wtf are you talking about :))))

You go for aftermarket solution because ****in basic solution is just not there.

While other manufacturers just do it right.

It's like buying tesla with just 2 door speakers and when everybody point out that, look, all others provide better systems, your answer is " no biggie, after market solutions!" And yet you pay for your car same as others with proper speaker system. But just because tesla was first one which started it and has an option to buy another 6 speakers for 6k, then all is good

I am not talking about steering wheel which does not need stupid torque to be applied all time but has touch sensing... Musk will relocate to live in mars before this unimaginable technology appear in teslas

It's like buying tesla with just 2 door speakers and when everybody point out that, look, all others provide better systems, your answer is " no biggie, after market solutions!" And yet you pay for your car same as others with proper speaker system. But just because tesla was first one which started it and has an option to buy another 6 speakers for 6k, then all is good
This is where you're losing everyone with your argument. Some cars have premium audio, like Bose speakers with subwoofers and higher cap amps, but you have to pay more for them vs the other cars that have standard speakers. If you really want the other cars that don't have that feature, you can buy 3rd party aftermarket upgraded audio to give you what you want.

Tesla has ADAS feature in 3 trims (basic AP, EAP, and FSD Capability), that offer various features. What you want isn't available in any of those trims (using AP, changing lanes manually while it's engaged, and having it remain engaged, or re-engage automatically after the manual lane change), but there are 3rd party aftermarket solutions that give you that capability.

Instead you're here complaining that Tesla should offer that feature at no charge because other MFGs do it. Tesla is not offering it, and won't offer it. That leaves you with buying another MFGs car to get the feature you want, or using an aftermarket solution.

There sure is. But it shouldn’t require an aftermarket device to do something that every other car with lane centering does from the factory.
I think you're stuck on Tesla doesn't do that. They won't do that. If you want it, you have aftermarket options to give you that feature, or you can buy a car from another MFG that gives you what you want. You have chosen not to accept reality, and there's not much anyone can do for you aside from point out options available to you to solve your request.

There sure is. But it shouldn’t require an aftermarket device to do something that every other car with lane centering does from the factory.
Just buy the Commander from enhauto. Best features are autopilot resume after lane change and "kickdown" mode that makes driving in chill mode much better. No need for the S3XY buttons themselves but the Commander is brilliant.