Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea for Tesla in USA: SuperCharger to CCS adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The network is already operating at a high capacity in many parts of the country. Adding slow-charging EVs to the network will choke the system. The Chevy Bolt, for example, averages under 50 kW DC fast charge speed. There's also the issue of paying for the construction and maintenance of the Supercharger network - something other car manufacturers don't seem to be too interested in.

If the legacy automakers want to buy in and boost their charging speeds, I think it's a great idea.

The superchargers are a Tesla marketing item in many ways - a "moat" if you will... keeping it all Tesla further enhances the branding.. Imagine the Chevy Bot vs 3 arguments with the new option of the Bolt using the superchargers... just took away one of the 3's advantages..
And, I don't want to wait for a Bolt to finish charging at 50kw vs the 3's going 2-4x as fast

I like CCS adapters for us, not for them...

Screenshot_20220407-121943.jpg

The superchargers are a Tesla marketing item in many ways - a "moat" if you will... keeping it all Tesla further enhances the branding.. Imagine the Chevy Bot vs 3 arguments with the new option of the Bolt using the superchargers... just took away one of the 3's advantages..
And, I don't want to wait for a Bolt to finish charging at 50kw vs the 3's going 2-4x as fast
Don't worry, you can wait for early model S/Xs stuck at 30kW instead