Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If support never acts on a ticket, how do you escalate to a human being?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping someone here knows how to actually engage someone at Tesla as I'm a Model S owner that is rapidly becoming disillusioned with this situation even though I love my S and I've been looking at adding a Model X/Y next year. In short, my car was ordered 6/12/18 and I should get grandfathered to premium connectivity, but the sales guy momentarily swapped my VIN (and then swapped it back) on 7/2 and now Tesla shows my order date as 7/2. I never asked for any changes to the order, and it was put back with the original assigned VIN from the 6/12 order date, but now Tesla is saying my premium connectivity is done tomorrow. I've had a ticket open with Tesla for over 3 weeks on this, and the local store manager is supposedly emailing people, but I've gotten nothing more than a response that this should be a simple fix and they'll look into it and get back to me.

How do I actually get someone to talk to me about this? I have the emails and details from that entire timeframe so this should be really simple as they said, but I can't get anyone to contact me or to just fix it.

Tesla sales is an atrocity and hopefully as an S owner you can bear through it and they can improve someday.

If you really really want to talk to someone, you can go to the store. Once you are there you can also get direct phone numbers which are going to ring at their desk.

If you think the service is bad before they even get your money just wait until you've inked the paperwork and they've got you. What you're experiencing now is child's play compared to what you'll experience when you need to get something worked on under warranty.

Suggestion: Run don't walk away from Tesla. As good as the cars are the company is equally awful.

They're well beyond simple growing pains and smack dab in the middle of problem that doesn't appear to have a remedy in sight. They continue cranking out new cars and haven't paced this with resources devoted to customer service. It's almost as if it's a race to see how many they can sell before the world realizes they've completely defunded all customer service related assets and offer zero support after the sale.

After all, we shouldn't be shocked when Elon himself has said numerous times he's surprised it's still going and fully expects it to fail each quarter. When that's been the mission from day one it's hard to say anything else as everything they've done has matched that goal.

I just thought I'd provide an update. It took a little longer than I'd have preferred - likely worsened by the holidays, but Tesla was able to get my date corrected and everything appears to be in order now. I'm really pleased.

WOW !!! I was gonna say it's a lost cause. That's great to hear there is some hope for the Tesla Borg.