Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

if you have PG&E you can get a $500 rebate very easily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a few 2018 threads on this forum started at the beginning of the year for PG&E and Edison (NCal, SoCal) residents but since Omar mentioned he got his rebate more recently, thought I would also add our experience for those trying to gauge what they might expect.

We are a PG&E customer and picked up our car 9/23. We received our license plates and registration card from DMV on 10/11. On 10/18 we submitted our PG&E application for the $500 rebate. Yesterday, 10/25 (7 days after submitting) we received an email from PG&E saying that our check has been mailed.

As September saw a large amount of new Teslas at Q3 end delivered to owners and I'm sure there were a lot of rebates applied for in September and early October from California owners, I thought that was pretty fast processing on both DMV and PG&E's part. :)

• Informative
Reactions: N5329K
Just got our PGE check a week or so ago -- similar timeframe, took maybe 2 weeks, 3 tops. We've had the car since July, but Tesla took forever to send in the title paperwork so we didn't have our registration for at least 2 months, maybe longer.

Paid $550+tax for HPWC, solar installers installed it for free, then my father sent me his Signature edition referral bonus HPWC, I swapped that, sold the original HPWC on craigslist for $400, got $500 PGE rebate.. so... I'm at around -$300 for my charger :D

Reactions: omar