Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you were buying a Roadster today, would you aim for a 1.5, 2.0, or 2.5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.5 non-sport - mainly for the assumed cost savings vs. the sport (I'm not sure the price premium is worth the marginally faster 0-60 time, but if I found a sport for the right price, I'd grab it) and for the Double-DIN stereo and back-up camera. The latter are essential to me and I went to a lot of trouble converting to Double-DIN. Had I known how much of a pain the conversion would be, I would have bought a 2.5 in the first place (I have a 2.0 non-sport. The very first 2.0, actually)

It's certainly personal preference, but I don't see the fun of the 1.5 shifter. It's not like it's used to shift through gears and feel the connection to an engine on a traditional sports car while driving aggressively. Shifting to D, P, R, and N is simply not very exciting. In my opinion, the 1.5 shifter just takes up some of the already limited cabin space. I'm all for the push button gears - simple, functional, and no wasted space. Again, just my opinion...

How do you find them terrible? They're quite comfortable and sit you down into the car, not raise you up like the 2.x seats. The 1.5 seats have real pneumatic adjustable lumbar supports, the 2.x's you have to add your own pads by either buying from Tesla or making your own.

I personally didn't like the 2.x seats. Had a 2.0 loaner for over a week.

I'm 6' and 170lbs, so possibly its dependent on your size/weight on how comfortable a seat is.

I found the 2.x is very noisy/loud when charging. The 1.5 is substantially quieter.
Agreed - charging is much nosier
On the seats I am 5'11" and 170 and find the 2.5 seats much better IMO. I don't move around as much in the corners despite the fact my 1.5 seats were alcantera verses leather - they do sit higher and if I were 6'2" or taller I would want the 1.5 seats

Reactions: AtAge19
they dont' have any lateral support, I always feel like I'm going to fall over in sharp turns :eek:

True, the one aspect I did like of the 2.x seats while I borrowed it from Tesla was the added lateral support. As you mentioned this is far better for twist and turns type of driving. I did however find that for long drives I the 1.5 style more comfortable for the reason why they don't work as well in turns, you can float and move around in them more..

I've had a 2.0 and 2.5 and I spent a lot of time and money to upgrade the 2.0 to 2.5 (sound deadening, stereo, etc.) whereas I really haven't done anything to the 2.5. Both are/were sport versions but somehow the tires on my 2.5 have lasted a lot longer than the 2.0 ever did (~30K miles on rears vs ~6-8K). Either the 2.0 was faster (lighter wheels?) or the novelty of crazy acceleration has worn off and I'm now driving like a grandma ;). Like any of the other Tesla products, the later versions are probably going to give you less problems.

OMG!

I'm getting maybe 26k out of Continental Extremecontacts, but I think I only got about 7k out of the AD07's.

I don't track the car or anything. I do accelerate hard whenever I can, but there's a lot of traffic around here so it's nowhere near all the time. That's amazing that you can do that with AD07's.

Yoko AD07's - must be my driving now ;)

I do know that you pushed your rear camber more positive and also the majority of your driving is highway :)

Did you put those AD07's on after you bought your second Roadster? I got 12.5k from my AD07's and consistently got 15k from my 3 sets of AD08 / AD08R's. 30k from AD0x's is unheard of, you might have made the hall of fame here with this one.