Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If your phone key doesnt work do this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having similar issues (using Android Oreo on galaxy S9). The phone does not work as advertised about 20% of the time and I can see no pattern among the "failures". Sometimes, I can enter the car but not drive without the keycard. Sometimes the door opens right away, sometimes it takes several seconds to respond, if at all.
Yes, this is exactly what is happening to me. There's no pattern, and the type of problem varies, so I'm always fumbling for what to do. I've got an S6 with Android 7.0, so glad to hear the problem isn't unique to rocking an older OS.

Rebooting the screen and the phone while sitting in car, and then pairing bluetooth (with phone a few inches from screen) made mine work. I live too far to take it in to "service", and I have a hard time believing they do anything more than reboot and re-pair.

I also found that if the car is paired with phone A, it has a hard time pairing with phone B. Disconnect A, and B works. At least this week. Things change.

Thanks, that worked for me. It was easy. I deleted the phone by using the key card and then added it back the same way. Now I am back to having a phone key. Again, thanks.