Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'll never be able to decide on a color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what's complicating my decision on the exterior color is that it affects my interior choice. For example, I really like Red, but I think the Red goes better with the black interior. Why do I think that? No idea, I just do.

I think white goes great with white, but I don't want another white car
I love the Red, but I'm kind of meh on black seats
Blue is a fascinating color, but I can't get all the way behind it
Black is awesome, but I'll be washing it 2x/week

Good Lord, wtf has happened to me? It's a car! Make a decision!!
I’ve just ordered my new Model 3 and agonized over the exact same thing😂 I was 100% sure on the white interior - it’s simply stunning! Plus I didn’t like the wood grain on the black interior. I deliberated over black / white interior and red / white interior- In the end I went with red / white.

Reactions: bobbyg123
Get white because it's no charge, then get a wrap!
This. That’s my plan. The thought of spending an extra thousand or two dollars for a color choice seemed ridiculous to me, even though I’ve historically liked “weird” colors (when they don’t cost more). Red, orange, various blues, green, a mustard yellow…. The only color I absolutely refuse to ever get again is black. It’s magnificent when it’s clean but it’s NEVER clean and every speck of dust, swirl or scrape is amplified. Never again. Too much time polishing and not enough time driving. I went with the white - it’s a really nice color and suits the car well.

Then of course I’ll have to decide on a wrap color at some point too, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it…

Reactions: Slate
This. That’s my plan. The thought of spending an extra thousand or two dollars for a color choice seemed ridiculous to me, even though I’ve historically liked “weird” colors (when they don’t cost more). Red, orange, various blues, green, a mustard yellow…. The only color I absolutely refuse to ever get again is black. It’s magnificent when it’s clean but it’s NEVER clean and every speck of dust, swirl or scrape is amplified. Never again. Too much time polishing and not enough time driving. I went with the white - it’s a really nice color and suits the car well.

Then of course I’ll have to decide on a wrap color at some point too, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it…
I thought long and hard about selecting white and getting it wrapped, but the thought of having to get it re-wrapped in 3-4 years scared me out of it.

I think my red looks amazing, and it doesn't show dirt and scratches so much, but ....

I've been chased by road rage freaks TWICE in the year I've had it. Compared to 0 times for all 8 of the cars I had before it. It's only 2 data points, not very scientific I admit, but I was wondering if a red Tesla makes you a target for weirdos?
Well there was this study about how red cars elicited more aggressive responses from drivers 🤔

• Informative
Reactions: hellocar
Status
Not open for further replies.