Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'll never be able to decide on a color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Days without my Tesla are ticking away like sand through an hour class because I can't decide on an exterior color. I just can't. I've looked at all of them, and I like most of the colors for different reasons, but I JUST CAN'T DECIDE.

I know I'm getting the white interior, but the exterior color has me stumped. I love the white, but my truck is white, my girlfriends car is white, my parents SUV that I drive in the winter while they snowbird in Florida is white. I want something different, but living in Seattle gives me pause about darker colors. Love black, but it's black. Tough to maintain. Love blue and red, but when they get dirty, the overall look of the car really gets muted. I typically love silvers and grays, but the MSM just hasn't excited me.

Dammit!

White/White?
Red/White?
Black/White?
Blue/White?

My (German) wife hates white cars, so white was out from the start…after ordering red, I found out she also hates red cars, so I secretly switched to blue and I’ll let her find out in 6-8 weeks. I was honestly kind of torn between the red & blue. My last car was gray and I’ve had enough black cars for a while.

I love the look of white interior, but I don’t think I’d like to live with it, so I went with boring black interior.

Reactions: play150
My (German) wife hates white cars, so white was out from the start…after ordering red, I found out she also hates red cars, so I secretly switched to blue and I’ll let her find out in 6-8 weeks. I was honestly kind of torn between the red & blue. My last car was gray and I’ve had enough black cars for a while.

I love the look of white interior, but I don’t think I’d like to live with it, so I went with boring black interior.

You got more than one wife? Is it a German thing? Why'd you specify lol.

I think what's complicating my decision on the exterior color is that it affects my interior choice. For example, I really like Red, but I think the Red goes better with the black interior. Why do I think that? No idea, I just do.

I think white goes great with white, but I don't want another white car
I love the Red, but I'm kind of meh on black seats
Blue is a fascinating color, but I can't get all the way behind it
Black is awesome, but I'll be washing it 2x/week

Good Lord, wtf has happened to me? It's a car! Make a decision!!

I always laugh reading these threads here, because there are only 5 choices.

Black, white, red, blue, dark grey.

In BMW land, for example, there are more choices, and depending on the model you pick, you can go really off the rails with "individual" color choices. There are only 5 with tesla new tesla model 3s, and only two of them are actually colors ( blue and red ), the others are greyscale.

Should make the choices easier, but we always see posts of people saying "help me pick a color!", like this one, lol

I love my Grey. Looks different in different light. People always complimenting me how great the color is and how clean the exterior is; even when I go MONTHS without a wash.

You can always get the cheaper paint and then wrap when you’re bored.

In BMW land, for example, there are more choices, and depending on the model you pick, you can go really off the rails with "individual" color choices. There are only 5 with tesla new tesla model 3s, and only two of them are actually colors ( blue and red ), the others are greyscale.

Should make the choices easier, but we always see posts of people saying "help me pick a color!", like this one, lol

Pretty much. Give us a green/orange/yellow!

Reactions: Jeff N and TheRFMan
Stop wondering and just get the free white / white, like everyone in your orbit does. It is your destiny.
Then if you are really unhappy on delivery, use that $1k/$2k that you would have paid for a different paint color toward a custom color wrap.
That will get you a really personalized car color with protected factory paint.

So keep the white on order, and spend time looking at matte wraps, vinyl wraps, and colored PPF vendors in your area for plan B.

Reactions: mspohr
White white is the only choice. Grey is old and boring, red is too candy-ish red but second best color, blue is too dark and shows scratches and swirls, black don’t if you have ocd unless you fully pdf it. White is modern and sleek and shows lines well at night and sunny.

Attachments

• E4ADDA12-0687-482C-9C42-2E8A17C6B118.jpeg
    E4ADDA12-0687-482C-9C42-2E8A17C6B118.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 993
In case it's possible to help...

When deciding, I stood in the showroom parking lot for a while looking at the different colors. Honestly they all look terrific to me (at least when clean -- I spent 2 hours cleaning the car today.)

If you need a tie-breaker: pearl white saves you $1000. And some articles claimed white cars are safer because they're more visible (except in snow). They're certainly cooler in the summer.

Oh, and my neighbor bought a blue one recently so I get to see that, too.

Reactions: mrau

I know, it's crazy. I've always loved BMW's and Audi's. I wanted to get a 3-series or an A4, but the Tesla is such a better driving, performing, modern, fun car. With that said, IMO, the only area where the German's still have an advantage is their color options. Their interiors come together better.

Well, whatever....I'll probably end up getting white on white. It seems to be my comfy corner.

If you want to be different: blue that's the least popular color.
If you want not to wash often: white that's the "cleanest" looking one
If you want a badass car: red but it's more expensive - I would have gotten red if they had not increased the price before I ordered
If you want a classic look: Midnight silver - The most "classic" look IMO. In may area that's the most popular color from what I can tell
If you like the monotone: black. I feel this color has gotten less popular with the chrome delete. I don't hear a lot of people ordered that this quarter. This is the color I picked myself.

Reactions: ElGato and TechOps
Status
Not open for further replies.