Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone submit their application for the 4k rebate in Illinois?

What documentation did you use? I believe it requires:

Copy of purchase agreement
Proof of purchase
Illinois vehicle registration
W-9

I think the MVPA pages on vehicle configuration and final price sheet satisfy 1 and 2. Not sure on if you have to wait for vehicle registration or temp card will do? W-9 is explanatory.

Hoping anyone who has been successful can share their knowledge.

Thanks!

Somehow the number of Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded has gone down since the prior week (10-20-22)!?

First Round Rebate Information - as of October 27, 2022 (data updated weekly)

Low Income Applications Received232
Low Income Rebates Awarded158
Non-Low Income Applications Received2518
Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded55

Upvote 0
For those that have been accepted, did you use your temp registration or waited until you received your permanent registration?
I originally used my temporary registration, but it was rejected. When I resubmitted with the permanent registration, it was accepted. I had thought either would suffice. Personally I would wait until you have the permanent registration, which arrived about 3 weeks after delivery for me.

Upvote 0
No Somehow the number of Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded has gone down since the prior week (10-20-22)!?

First Round Rebate Information - as of October 27, 2022 (data updated weekly)

Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded55
They released new numbers since yesterday (so likely prior NLI rebates awarded was incorrect)
First Round Rebate Information - as of November 1, 2022

Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded699

Upvote 0
I originally used my temporary registration, but it was rejected. When I resubmitted with the permanent registration, it was accepted. I had thought either would suffice. Personally I would wait until you have the permanent registration, which arrived about 3 weeks after delivery for me.
I just submitted mine with Temp Registration yesterday. FAQs say its okay, but we shall see.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Upvote 0
Did the rebate come in an envelope that you'd recognize? The timing couldn't be better with all the political junk mail, I'm opening everything now....
1667533999233.png

Upvote 0
I am not a tax adviser, but my laymans understanding of rebates is that manufacturers rebates as a discount to the sale price are not taxable (like $100 rebate on purchasing tires etc.), but rebates as a reward for purchasing are. In this case, this should be taxable and I am expecting a 1099 from IL.

• Informative
Reactions: weekenddays
Upvote 0