Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm blown away at the performance of Plaid at super low SOC!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brooks from Dragtimes has been doing some tests as of recent. Different SOC. Most recently today he posted a Youtube short at 20% SOC. The car was still pulling 0-60 in 2.2 seconds and Quartermile at 9.9 seconds! Does anyone have insight on what Tesla has done to solve this glaring issue with all EV up until literally now? I'm blown away and even more happy with my Plaid coming this Friday September 10th!

Reactions: Dave EV and Flyguy
This car just flies no matter what or where. Would buy again.
I read this somewhere:

Performance numbers are repeatable. Assisted by a new heat pump & radiator twice as big. Able to do back to back 0- 60s, go on the track, just haul ass," “This car can do it over & over again without degradation of performance.

• Love
Reactions: scooby-snack
Brooks from Dragtimes has been doing some tests as of recent. Different SOC. Most recently today he posted a Youtube short at 20% SOC. The car was still pulling 0-60 in 2.2 seconds and Quartermile at 9.9 seconds! Does anyone have insight on what Tesla has done to solve this glaring issue with all EV up until literally now? I'm blown away and even more happy with my Plaid coming this Friday September 10th!
You will enjoy this thing. I promise.

• Love
Just an FYI below 10% it fall flat on its face at about 40 mph. Probably mid 12's. I should have done a draggy, but was too preoccupied with trying to get my car to have more than 263 mi of rated range 🙄
I have owned 4 Tesla to date. From P85D, Model 3 Performance, to P100D. Everyone of them was disappointing once the SOC fell below say 70% especially at freeway speeds if someone wanted to race. I'm stoked that you can even have this thing run as hard as it does at 50% let alone 20%. Are you trying to baby it at all? Or is it just too much fun to hammer it? Haha

I have owned 4 Tesla to date. From P85D, Model 3 Performance, to P100D. Everyone of them was disappointing once the SOC fell below say 70% especially at freeway speeds if someone wanted to race. I'm stoked that you can even have this thing run as hard as it does at 50% let alone 20%. Are you trying to baby it at all? Or is it just too much fun to hammer it? Haha

It’s fun to hammer on it. @Muzzman1 and I both have issues with our cars, though, and probably need new HV batteries.

• Disagree