Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm getting a "ding" for ?no reason since V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many times shortly after I start the car I get a brief "ding" when either going forward or backward. It is like the ding you get to warn of proximity but there is nothing close to the car. No notifications just the sound.

I saw a light "spot" on the monitor in the middle of the rear window - but that could have been there all along and I just never noticed it before. Any ideas?

Many times shortly after I start the car I get a brief "ding" when either going forward or backward. It is like the ding you get to warn of proximity but there is nothing close to the car. No notifications just the sound.

I saw a light "spot" on the monitor in the middle of the rear window - but that could have been there all along and I just never noticed it before. Any ideas?

Your speed limit warning might be set to chime. This can be found in your autopilot settings.

Thanks but it is not either of these. It happens only when I first step on the "gas" after just getting in the car to go forward or backward at very slow speed. No symbol, no warning text - it didn't do this before the update.
Oh well, compared to other things not a big deal but just wondered if I was missing something

I"ve never received ANY blind spot warnings sound warnings (would like to) just red lines if I put signal on and and try to change lanes to the left (but not right :( )
Am I supposed to be getting dings if a car is in my blindspot? (standard 3 without autopilot)

Oh wait, are you placing a bag or lunch box on the passenger seat? My wife was doing this in the Chevy Volt and it was alarming that the seat belt was off and not connected. In the Tesla it’s called the seat belt reminder.

Im looking at all of the possible chimes in the manual, if you saved your Manual to your iBooks you can do a search under chimes

Fred

Last edited:
911A6B5B-3A00-4EFA-8988-D43935EC61ED.jpeg