Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm in Love with My Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C382A2B8-1A0D-404C-86F1-972B2F27CD3B.jpeg 60A98454-F88E-4914-A761-2CAF1A53E9FB.jpeg
First Thing changed. It’s taken coffee spills, key and phone drops still looks new

BTW if you are considering the Brushed Metallic, the “grain” can be run in one of two ways. My installer chose to run mine horizontally (to run with the grain of the wood dash piece), see my photo above #23. The photo of the Abstract Ocean kit install (also shown above, #26) shows the grain running the length or vertically on the console. It can be a subtle difference to some but I know people can be picky about details so wanted to point this out so that you get the look you want.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
BTW if you are considering the Brushed Metallic, the “grain” can be run in one of two ways. My installer chose to run mine horizontally (to run with the grain of the wood dash piece), see my photo above #23. The photo of the Abstract Ocean kit install (also shown above, #26) shows the grain running the length or vertically on the console. It can be a subtle difference to some but I know people can be picky about details so wanted to point this out so that you get the look you want.
the vinyl i received only had "one way" of installing it. there was no choice of direction due to the cutouts. are you sure yours wasn't the same?

the vinyl i received only had "one way" of installing it. there was no choice of direction due to the cutouts. are you sure yours wasn't the same?

I had my vinyl cut and installed by our detailers who were doing my PPF and ceramic so had the option.

I wanted to call this to peoples attention as there are two different ways to cut and install the vinyl and it might not be something you think of before hand. Obviously not an issue with a patternless solid vinyl. If you care about the direction, ask ahead of time before DIY buying or having installed at shop. You can also buy the vinyl from various places on ebay etc. in sheet sections uncut. My guess is the third party DIY pre-cut sources can get more pieces out of running it length-wise on the vinyl, but only a guess. Know before you buy unless you don’t care.

I opted for the carbon fiber because I wanted a texture. I don't really care that it is "fake" carbon fiber, I just wanted a texture to hide any imperfections and it does that nicely.

I also got the white armrest cover to complete my white interior.

Attachments

• IMG_7236.jpg
    IMG_7236.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Love
Reactions: follow.johnny
I ordered a brushed black one. I already have it in my possession even though I don't even have the car yet. One of the first things I plan to do when I get the car home. I've seen photos/videos of how the oem gloss looks with fingerprints all over it and I just couldn't stand that, nor want to have to clean it all the time, so a wrap it is. I'd love to have real wood to match the dash but those fake wood stickers look like crap and real wood would require more skill then I have to install.

Reactions: M109Rider
I ordered a brushed black one. I already have it in my possession even though I don't even have the car yet. One of the first things I plan to do when I get the car home. I've seen photos/videos of how the oem gloss looks with fingerprints all over it and I just couldn't stand that, nor want to have to clean it all the time, so a wrap it is. I'd love to have real wood to match the dash but those fake wood stickers look like crap and real wood would require more skill then I have to install.

You won't regret changing from piano black to the brushed black.

Good point for those looking to purchase a wrap. IMO, horizontal grain matches the other lines of the car's interior better, like you mentioned with the dash. It blends into the background, looks like it belongs, and you forget about it. Something about vertical grain pattern just doesn't look right to me. To each his/her own.

I had my vinyl cut and installed by our detailers who were doing my PPF and ceramic so had the option.

I wanted to call this to peoples attention as there are two different ways to cut and install the vinyl and it might not be something you think of before hand. Obviously not an issue with a patternless solid vinyl. If you care about the direction, ask ahead of time before DIY buying or having installed at shop. You can also buy the vinyl from various places on ebay etc. in sheet sections uncut. My guess is the third party DIY pre-cut sources can get more pieces out of running it length-wise on the vinyl, but only a guess. Know before you buy unless you don’t care.
Correct, at least for us. The rolls of vinyl from 3M are supplied with the texture running the length of the roll ("north/south"), so we cut 6-wide on a 5ft roll. Cutting so that the texture runs east/west is no big deal, two fit perfectly in that orientation, you just need to ask :)

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
This one was one of the final accessories I planned on installing on my Model 3. I procrastinated forever because I thought it would be impossible. I finally decided to carve out some time this morning and give it a try. The EV Wraps installation video was excellent and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome. I took me a little over an hour to do this.
I can’t wait to try