Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm in Love with My Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one was one of the final accessories I planned on installing on my Model 3. I procrastinated forever because I thought it would be impossible. I finally decided to carve out some time this morning and give it a try. The EV Wraps installation video was excellent and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome. I took me a little over an hour to do this.

Attachments

• 58912959338__431C808A-E7B7-43AC-9A73-F3868A41CF1C.JPG
    58912959338__431C808A-E7B7-43AC-9A73-F3868A41CF1C.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 225
I have a matte white, to match my white interior (see my profile picture). I found the larger pieces hard to put down without some wrinkling; there are a couple of tiny wrinkles at the edges of the biggest piece. Still, it's a vast improvement over the unimproved original, which is a magnet for both dust and fingerprints.

Nice job. Got my console wrapped at the same time I had the PPF/ceramic done, not a DIYer. Getting rid of the fingerprint magnet piano black console was one of the best decisions in upgrades. So nice seeing it without fingerprints or fine scratches. I went the black brushed metallic route for less of a pattern. We have carbon fiber trim in our MS so enjoy a bit of a different look between the two cars.

My first Model 3 was red. I used black brushed metal on the console in that one, and I really liked it. It helped with scratches, fingerprints AND glare. And the rougher texture made it easier to install (or at least, harder to notice imperfections in the installation).

My current Model 3 is gray. I kind of missed the red, so I got red vinyl for the console in this one. You still get some glare and fingerprints, so it's not as good as the black brushed metal. But I do kind of like the splash of color in the car.

IMG_20190902_143314.jpg

Another picture but this time I wanted to point out the Key Card holder. Keeps the card from slipping, don’t know why Tesla didn’t install something to hold the card in place.

View attachment 449536

Why would you want to leave your card there? You tap it and put it in your pocket. Otherwise you just have an ugly plastic thing stuck to your center console. :D

Reactions: Scott7 and Maaz
For me that works half the time, don’t know why, it wants me to leave the card there.

Fred

I don't understand how that's possible. You get in. You tap the card to that area, and then you drive. There's nothing else to it. If your car isn't working correctly, maybe schedule service?

In addition, using your phone is preferred, anyway, making that plastic thing doubly redundant.

Reactions: Scott7
I don't understand how that's possible. You get in. You tap the card to that area, and then you drive. There's nothing else to it. If your car isn't working correctly, maybe schedule service?

In addition, using your phone is preferred, anyway, making that plastic thing doubly redundant.
Will try the Tap test later, I may have been doing it wrong, will leave the Fob phone in the house.

I’m still on 28.3.1

Thanks

Why would you want to leave your card there? You tap it and put it in your pocket. Otherwise you just have an ugly plastic thing stuck to your center console. :D

Agree with this. It’s not needed until you exit and then you should remember to tap the pillar to lock the car. But more importantly if you are in a hurry and your mind is elsewhere you’d never want to leave your key card there in your car. Door would be open, not locked, and they could drive away with it. Best to develop good key habits.