Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm scared now! Selling Stocks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good case study about what NOT to base your investments on.

- Murmers from uninformed sources inside the company (check)
- Sale of stock by an employee that regularly participates in interval sales (check)
- Speculation by technology writer (check)
- The assumption that the entire future of a company is based on a single individual in technology (check)

As an aside, even if TRUE, it is common for companies to transition employees in senior leadership positions as they grow - not doing so can be just as strong an indicator. There has already been a long line at Tesla. The fact is that some employees are great in startup mode and struggle in other areas once a company is larger and have a different set of challenges.

People often speculate about the health of a company's relative to the employment of a single individual, and mostly they have been wrong. There are many examples of this, but one, in particular, comes to mind: Steve Jobs.

What's the big deal? He sold 15,000 shares by exercising an option, and still owns 306,398 shares. He sold 5% of his holdings. Seems pretty normal. Maybe he wanted to buy a bigger house? Maybe, he had some losses, he wanted to offset with some gains. Who knows, but selling 5% of one's holdings doesn't make me think anything catastrophic is about to happen.

Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called 'scarce' - Electrek

Sorry...but I'm outa here as an investor.

Trust me - I'm pulling for them!!!!

I wonder how much of this is Elons Fault. What a nice guy, but he shouldn't battle the big dogs of the stock market.

Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called 'scarce' - Electrek

Sorry...but I'm outa here as an investor.

Trust me - I'm pulling for them!!!!

I wonder how much of this is Elons Fault. What a nice guy, but he shouldn't battle the big dogs of the stock market.

I wanted to check your profile to see if you are a FUDSTER. This tactic is typical of people that spread fear uncertainty and doubt. I love Tesla but... I own a Tesla but... I love Elon but... You don't allow people to see your profile. Why am I not surprised??? :rolleyes: You have 9777 messages on this forum but you don't want anyone to see them. GTFOH already. You and people like you are a cancer on Elecrek in here and other forums.

Last edited:
I wanted to check your profile to see if you are a FUDSTER. This tactic is typical of people that spread fear uncertainty and doubt. I love Tesla but... I own a Tesla but... I love Elon but... You don't allow people to see your profile. Why am I not surprised??? :rolleyes: You have 9777 messages on this forum but you don't want anyone to see them. GTFOH already. You and people like you are a cancer on Elecrek in here and other forums.

LOL - you can see my likes.

You don't need to use his profile to search his post history. Just use the search function and search Posted by Member: and put his name in there.

LOL

Helpful 95 5

Informative 501 252

Likes 3,276 1,286

Dislikes 1,136 391

Funny 1,438 465

Loves 277 462

And I'm a fudster? LOL

Good luck with convincing me.

LOL - you can see my likes.

Other fudsters probably. And you certainly have a lot of time on your hands. Lol! Smart investors buy fear and sell greed. Nothing more needs to be said.

You don't need to use his profile to search his post history. Just use the search function and search Posted by Member: and put his name in there.

Thanks!

Reactions: jboles
The reality is nobody has any idea what is going to happen to Tesla stock, or any other stock, or the stock market overall. Analysts have been quoted saying that Tesla stock could hit a low of $10 or a high of $2000, and everything in between. So what that really means is that anything could happen. If you believe in the company and want to buy their stock then buy it. I bought two cars from them so I certainly have confidence enough in them to spend almost $100K on their products. But I have no interest in owning their stock because I have no idea what’s going to happen to it in the future and I’m not a gambler.

But if I was a gambler I would not read an article like this and draw any conclusions. I have no idea why JB hasn’t been seen around the office or why he sold 4% of his holdings but I don’t think either of those things are really relevant to Tesla’s future anyway.

Reactions: sunny-value
Meh.. you can ride the volatility both ways. I don’t have the stomach to short, and there’s nothing wrong with it. That said, I too despise the notion of FUDster manipulation.

I’ve bought and sold more than enough to cover my 3 and my current unrealized losses of ... xxx@$320.

I don’t like being down as much as the next guy, but I’ll just hold on longer and resist the undeniable urge to hedge on margin.

What's the big deal? He sold 15,000 shares by exercising an option, and still owns 306,398 shares. He sold 5% of his holdings. Seems pretty normal. Maybe he wanted to buy a bigger house? Maybe, he had some losses, he wanted to offset with some gains. Who knows, but selling 5% of one's holdings doesn't make me think anything catastrophic is about to happen.

He just wanted to buy FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: Sherlo
The only take away that concerns me is the timing. I look at the stock below $200 as potentially a great buying opportunity. If that's true it should be a really bad time for an executive to exercise options. I get that he may need some cash, but why wouldn't he wait for better timing? If you think there stock will double in one year, wouldn't a loan from almost anywhere be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.