Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impatient with Tesla's spoiler availability I bought and installed this outstanding alternative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've now had my Model 3 for nearly 6 months and there's no sign that the Tesla spoiler I paid for with the car order will ever appear. Fed up with Tesla's poor performance re the spoiler, I ordered this IKON Style carbon fiber spoiler on eBay and installed it yesterday. It's a very well made product and installs very easily. And it costs only $169.00, much less than some of the other options.

It has slight indentations on the bottom which makes it very easily to align. In fact, you can loosely place it on the trunk lid, align the indentations, and it stays in place so you can mark with painters tape the proper alignment. I used three pieces of tape, one on each side so it was properly centered, and one one on the upper edge so it was properly placed relative to the trunk lid edges. I'd give it a 5 star rating for quality, price, ease of installation.

However it isn't supplied with double sided tape that anchors it to the trunk lid. Fortunately I had a bunch of 3M tape lying around, so that wasn't a problem for me. If you order this spoiler beware that you'll need 3M double sided tape for the installation.

Here are a few photos of the spoiler on my Model 3. I love the long view, as it show the effect of the chrome black out.

IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg
IMG_0036.jpeg

And yes, fed up as well with the long wait for the dual motor badge, I ordered it as a separate part from my service center. It arrived in about 3 days, so I blacked it out and installed it myself.

Last edited:
I've now had my Model 3 for nearly 6 months and there's no sign that the Tesla spoiler I paid for with the car order will ever appear. Fed up with Tesla's poor performance re the spoiler, I ordered this IKON Style carbon fiber spoiler on eBay and installed it yesterday. It's a very well made product and installs very easily. And it costs only $169.00, much less than some of the other options.

It has slight indentations on the bottom which makes it very easily to align. In fact, you can loosely place it on the trunk lid, align the indentations, and it stays in place so you can mark with painters tape the proper alignment. I used three pieces of tape, one on each side so it was properly centered, and one one on the upper edge so it was properly placed relative to the trunk lid edges. I'd give it a 5 star rating for quality, price, ease of installation.

However it isn't supplied with double sided tape that anchors it to the trunk lid. Fortunately I had a bunch of 3M tape lying around, so that wasn't a problem for me. If you order this spoiler beware that you'll need 3M double sided tape for the installation.

Here are a few photos of the spoiler on my Model 3. I love the long view, as it show the effect of the chrome black out.

View attachment 401626 View attachment 401622 View attachment 401625 View attachment 401623

And yes, fed up as well with the long wait for the dual motor badge, I ordered it as a separate part from my service center. It arrived in about 3 days, so I blacked it out and installed it myself.
Looks really sharp.

Nice! What emblem is that on the back (Tesla letters)?

I was looking at the ones from abstract ocean that are just the letters. Yours looks more like a strip as seen on the S.

Do you like it?

It's a modified lighted rear applique for the Model S, which I developed about 5 years ago. It lights up and has all manager of special effects. I posted about it here.

that is the nicest 3 I have seen. wow.
what kind of wheels are those? Looks like arachnids from an S

Thanks, The wheels are 20" TSS Flow Forged wheels from Tsportline. I bought them precisely because they look like the arachnids I have on my Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Ordered one of these last week and finally just installed it today.
Nice fit, seems to be well built.
The fitment is perfect, no lifting at the corners like some of the others show.

I added a couple more small strips of 3m outdoor tape. Not sure it was needed, but I had a roll sitting on my bench so why not.