Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

impromptu trip to Prince Edward Island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello friends!
just wondering if any of you folks had recently travelled to PEI. The family and I are headed there on a a hastily (read: not) planned trip. currently with a now 75D models S (was a 60), i know the closest supercharger is off island, and the level 2 chargers seem to be not always convenient?
i guess the hiccup is we are probably staying at a campground with 20amp service (could i just plug the regular 5-15 adapter into that and go low and slow charging?), and there is a good chance we might set the car up as an additional tent, which might require the climate control to be on. assuming that to be the case, would the tickle charge negate the range loss? we have camped quite a bit and taken long road trips in the car before, but there usually hasn't been a $50 toll bridge in between us and the nearest supercharger!
any good tips for charging in PEI? we'll be there for 3 nights and would like to drive around a bit from charlottetown and not worry too much about having the juice to make it back to the aulac supercharger..
many thanks in advance for the help!

I just did a road trip from Ontario to PEI 3 weeks ago and stayed in PEI for 2 days.
There are only 2 destination chargers on the island but there are also Sun Country chargers.
We didn’t use any sun country as we only used the destination charger in Monteague because it was at our hotel. I’m sure if you go to Monteague to the hotel and give them $5 they would let you charge up. They have 2 HPWC’s. They might even let you top up for free. They are super nice people there. The hotel is called Lanes Riverhouse Inn and Cottages.
Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
hello friends!
just wondering if any of you folks had recently travelled to PEI. The family and I are headed there on a a hastily (read: not) planned trip. currently with a now 75D models S (was a 60), i know the closest supercharger is off island, and the level 2 chargers seem to be not always convenient?
i guess the hiccup is we are probably staying at a campground with 20amp service (could i just plug the regular 5-15 adapter into that and go low and slow charging?), and there is a good chance we might set the car up as an additional tent, which might require the climate control to be on. assuming that to be the case, would the tickle charge negate the range loss? we have camped quite a bit and taken long road trips in the car before, but there usually hasn't been a $50 toll bridge in between us and the nearest supercharger!
any good tips for charging in PEI? we'll be there for 3 nights and would like to drive around a bit from charlottetown and not worry too much about having the juice to make it back to the aulac supercharger..
many thanks in advance for the help!

What about campgrounds with 50A service on a NEMA 14-50? If they allow bigger motorhomes, they will have them.

I just did a road trip from Ontario to PEI 3 weeks ago and stayed in PEI for 2 days.
There are only 2 destination chargers on the island but there are also Sun Country chargers.
We didn’t use any sun country as we only used the destination charger in Monteague because it was at our hotel. I’m sure if you go to Monteague to the hotel and give them $5 they would let you charge up. They have 2 HPWC’s. They might even let you top up for free. They are super nice people there. The hotel is called Lanes Riverhouse Inn and Cottages.
Hope this helps.

i was looking at perhaps this hotel.. what did you do in the area? we will probably go clam digging on the east coast, so this would be a good spot to clean up before heading home!

If you go to Charlottetown the delta hotel downtown has Chargers and let you charge for free.
We did this with other suncountry charges on the island and had no issues.
Use plugshare and ev trip planner ahead of time to calculate your route and needed charging with a lot of buffer and you will be fine.