Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improving LTE coverage on MCU2 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an early Model S with the MCU2 update. When I first had it the LTE/mobile coverage seemed ok. It definitely seems worse now. Does anyone know which network they use in the UK?

With the phone hotspot feature if I connect the S to wifi so it also has Wifi in the car will the premium connectivity use the phone's network when it has a good one and revert to LTE when LTE is better? My phone is on O2 and seems to get better coverage than whatever Tesla is using. If it just connects to one and sticks with it even with no connectivity it isn't going to be better.

It's a bit annoying as without decent network coverage you lose traffic information and now and then the map detail isn't there.

I do wonder if the in door mirror location for the antenna isn't a great one. Is there any way of improving the connectivity by having an additional antenna somewhere else on the car for more of a sky view to improve it that way?