Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In home suspension Install for Model3 Only.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't always want the cheapest option. The cheapest shop that I went to just use air impact gun on everything and didn't follow Tesla's torque spec. He also didn't torque down the suspension at ride height which will cause the rubber bushing to be in a constant state of stress. It's hard to torque the bolts and nuts at ride height without a 4 post rack. You can do it with multiple jacks and safety jack stands but it takes quite a bit longer. You'll also need an alignment right away since a lower ride will give you more camber which will give you a ton of toe out.

You don't always want the cheapest option. The cheapest shop that I went to just use air impact gun on everything and didn't follow Tesla's torque spec. He also didn't torque down the suspension at ride height which will cause the rubber bushing to be in a constant state of stress. It's hard to torque the bolts and nuts at ride height without a 4 post rack. You can do it with multiple jacks and safety jack stands but it takes quite a bit longer. You'll also need an alignment right away since a lower ride will give you more camber which will give you a ton of toe out.

I’m going to lower about an inch, do I really need to do alignment right away or wait for suspension to settle?

Also with KW V3s how the ride quality, does the car feel like stock on straight line or bumpy?

When you remove and install suspension parts, alignment will definitely change. When you lower the car, the front camber will become more negative. That will lead to toe out. 1 inch lowering will move the toe out pass oem spec. I would drive on it for a week max to let springs settle and then get alignment.

I’m going to lower about an inch, do I really need to do alignment right away or wait for suspension to settle?

Also with KW V3s how the ride quality, does the car feel like stock on straight line or bumpy?

The sport kit has much stiffer springs but the ride is very similar to oem when at 90% open (soft) damper setting. It handles large bumps and holes better. You can still hear the bump, but you don't feel it as much.