Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[inaccurate speculation] Looks like 8.0 is here early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said Wendesday. Anyone getting it before that is pretty much guaranteed not to actually be getting 8.0 (unless they're violating their NDA for the early access program!)

If you're getting it after Wedneday, that STILL doesnt' guarantee it's 8.0, so wait the hour it takes to install before telling the world it is. You'll just save yourself the risk of putting your foot in your mouth.

I didn't know computers cared what day of the week it was...

True but the humans that run them sometimes do.

But seriously, I've received a bunch of updates but I don't remember any being on a weekend.

Still, it would be nice if this means 8.0 is imminent.

(Do you supposed the good Mr. Musk ever reads these posts and laughs at what we mere mortals write?) :)

I highly doubt a human is manually telling the computer each car to push to. Likely they dropped the firmware in to the queue last week some time and it's used it's own algorithm to figure out when to send it to each car since then. Someone likely got it before you, others after. The fact it's a weekend is likely completely irrelevant.