Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incident at Fremont Factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Incident at TM factory

I'm in the SF Bay Area. KCBS (news radio) is just now (about 12:15 pm Pacific) reporting a factory at the fire with 3 injured. Fire reportedly out. No further details. Reporter on the way to report live from the scene. More later.

KPIX reporting fire of some kind at the factory. 3 workers transported by ambulance.
https://twitter.com/DinsmoreDesk

UPDATE: Mods: Title should be "Incident at Fremont Factory"

The presence of fire department personnel does not necessarily mean an actual fire-- I don't want to stir up any unnecessary associations these days. It could just be an industrial accident of some kind.

Last edited:
KPIX-5: 3 Workers Injured In Accident At Fremont Tesla Factory

3 Workers Injured In Accident At Fremont Tesla Factory CBS San Francisco

"FREMONT (CBS SF) – An industrial accident at the Tesla factory in Fremont injured three workers Wednesday.
Just after noon, Chopper 5 captured images of fire trucks on the scene and at least one ambulance was seen leaving the area.

There was no initial word on the cause or severity of injury to the workers. Fremont Fire confirmed that the incident, originally reported as a fire, was a workplace accident."

Can't catch a break on the bad news stream. Hope the injured folks aren't critically hurt and recover well.

Here's hoping the best for the workers who were injured.

Of course, accidents occur in automobile factories all the time and almost never get reported. But Tesla? As a threat to auto life as we know it, they're singled out by the corporate media, who are doing their normal appallingly bad job on an hourly basis.

Fire Battalion Chief interviewed on KCBS--to paraphrase: He said that in his past 3 years experience, the factory has been exemplary with respect to safety and lack of incidents. He considers this a very unusual industiral accident/event.

From my favorite local paper: San Jose Mercury Fremont: Industrial accident injures three employees at Tesla Motors plant - San Jose Mercury News

"We had an equipment failure with an aluminum casting machine, which spilled hot metal on three people," Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk said in an e-mail. "Two (workers' injuries) sound relatively minor, one more serious. (I) am going to visit them in the hospital later today and will personally ensure that they receive the best possible care."

As if we didn't like Elon enough already, what a sweetheart.

Fire Battalion Chief interviewed on KCBS--to paraphrase: He said that in his past 3 years experience, the factory has been exemplary with respect to safety and lack of incidents. He considers this a very unusual industiral accident/event.

Well.... there are 5,000 employees working 40 hours a week. At 73-Million hours a year and only 3 injuries to date, Tesla factory is the is 5X safer than any other automotive factory. In fact, I'd rather have my children working in the Tesla factory than any other manufacturing facility of any kind on the planet.

Too soon? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope for a speedy recovery.