Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incorrect Map after 2022.16.2 ('17 100D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening all!

I've owned my '17 100D since day one. In or around February, I paid for the upgrade to the MCU. Ever since then, I have been having issue after issue.

Now, I've got one that has stumped me... About 3~ weeks ago I got pushed 2022.16.2. When I updated and got in the car, the car nav believed I was in a different city (a city I was in the night before, the app also showed the same thing).I noticed it, thought it was weird and began driving. The car nav was stuck in the same spot I had parked the night previously. I checked the app and it was the same thing. About 30 minutes into the drive, it updated to show me on a highway I was on 15 minutes prior(and not moving).

A reset of the scroll wheels, an update to 2022.16.3 and 2 factory resets later, I am STILL having the issue.

I sent in a request to Tesla and they want to charge 200 for a diag, claiming this isn't a 'Bug'. It happened IMMEDIATELY after the update.

Any suggestions or am I missing something?

Video on Vimeo attached:

Update: 2022.16.3 completely disabled AP (options are on, but getting a "Software Update Required, Contact Service" message that won't go away on the ICU)

Update 2: Text of "225" is overlayed on the ICU and won't go away.

I have NEVER experienced so many issues...

Brandon

Attachments

• IMG_9649.jpg
    IMG_9649.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
It is probably the NAV SD card. These are normal SD cards that have a 5 year life expectancy. They are used for caching NAV location, history, etc. The older SD cards can only be overwritten so many times and then they fail. This is a no brainer to replace when replacing the MCU, but they do not.

Upvote 0
It is probably the NAV SD card. These are normal SD cards that have a 5 year life expectancy. They are used for caching NAV location, history, etc. The older SD cards can only be overwritten so many times and then they fail. This is a no brainer to replace when replacing the MCU, but they do not.
I don't think that MCU2 uses a SD card for the NAV data. It sounds like he has a bad install or failed AP computer.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your opinion.

I have no clue if the upgraded MCU uses an SD card.

Upvote 0
Read up on this. You’ll find others, myself included, in past updates with similar issues. For me, Tesla repushed the update multiple times. It would work for a short while and then get stuck again. Finally, tells me the GPS antenna needs to be replaced, which also requires a new back window for $1000. I said NO WAY! Dealt with it until next update and it went away. Been several months now and so far so good!

Upvote 0