Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inductive Phone Charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading the owners manual, it seems to indicate that the MY comes with a Inductive Phone Charger (pg25).
Does this mean I don't need to buy a 3rd party unit to charge my Samsung Galaxies?
That's correct. If your Samsung phones are Qi-enabled, you can charge two of them side-by-side in the inductive charger that comes stock with the Model Y.

Inspected my MY yesterday and found that the charger will not charge either of my Samsung Galaxy 8s with their cases on. Took off the cases and they charged fine.
Both phones charge fine at home with their cases on. SA said that's normal.
Was he BSing me? Should I insist they replace it?

Inspected my MY yesterday and found that the charger will not charge either of my Samsung Galaxy 8s with their cases on. Took off the cases and they charged fine.

I did a test drive yesterday at the Milford, CT SC and my Galaxy S20 was able to charge on the induction pad while still in the case.

The issue might be that your case is too thick for the Tesla charging pad, so maybe pick up a thinner case from Amazon and test it out. I use the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (slim fit case).

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung

No. You need a spacer to increase the lip at the bottom of the charger so the phone will "seat" properly when using a thicker case.

You can order one from a 3rd party, use eBay, or have a 3D printer make one for you.

This issue has been discussed at great length on this forum.

No he is correct .. QI chargers and cases dont mix well .. it varies from charger to charger, you were lucky with your home charger. Of course it all depends on case size (thickness mostly, the charger coils need to be VERY close to the phone back.

I have a thin case on my Samsung S10+, my wife have a thicker case on her iPhone 10.
I can charge on either side of the charger no problem. If we both charge, I con only charge on the right pad and her iPhone needs to be on the left pad. We have the same experience in her MY as well.