Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inquiring Minds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a lot of chatter since Friday night, so at the risk of asking what others may have already asked, I would love some feedback on what everybody thinks about a few things that I, and probably others, have observed now that we have more information on the M3.

1. FM/Internet streaming radio??
What the heck does that mean? When I see the word ‘streaming’ I see money going out of my pocket.

2. Textile seating? Reveal photos…the seats resemble leather.
What the heck is textile seating? And no mention of colors. Sure to be in config.

3. WiFi and LTE internet CONNECTIVITY?
Am I hearing a subscription price in this somewhere?…more money going out of my pocket?

4. PAINT. Every car has to be painted!!!
Does the car really have $1,000 worth of paint on it? How can it be painted black for free?

5. WHEELS – 18” Aero??
AERO…are those those funky looking wheels? I presume wheels can be purchased later?

6. Premium upgrade package. “Premium audio system….”?
Where the heck is Serius/XM radio? No mention of it. There has to be a way to mount XM antennae on the glass roof or in combination to the rear view mirror. Even Honda provides Serius/XM.

No autopilot for me. $5,000 for something that will be used sparingly or maybe not at all seems pricey just to say, “I have autopilot!”

Would love to hear back from all of you and see if maybe you have heard or read somewhere else any answers to what I have mentioned.

What the heck does that mean? When I see the word ‘streaming’ I see money going out of my pocket.

Presumably will work similar to Model S/X. Car comes with a pre-paid subscription to Slacker and TuneIn that connects through the car's LTE capability. Unclear if they will include an old school AM/FM antenna. Major reason that matters is for live local sports, if you care about that.

What the heck is textile seating? And no mention of colors. Sure to be in config.

Initial choices will be limited. Textile seating means a cloth-like material with portions resembling leather.

Am I hearing a subscription price in this somewhere?…more money going out of my pocket?

You don't pay separately for this, at least not on the S/X, and it's in Tesla's interest to keep all cars connected so they can keep them updated.

Does the car really have $1,000 worth of paint on it? How can it be painted black for free?

Your guess is as good as mine, but presumably their cost is lowest on black.

5. WHEELS – 18” Aero??
AERO…are those those funky looking wheels? I presume wheels can be purchased later?

Yes, the funky ones. I would hope reservation holders get more options in the future.

Where the heck is Serius/XM radio? No mention of it. There has to be a way to mount XM antennae on the glass roof or in combination to the rear view mirror. Even Honda provides Serius/XM.

Because of the car's streaming capability, Sirius/XM is sort of unnecessary imho, but some people still get it on the S/X. I'd imagine it'll be a listed option eventually. When they mean say premium audio, they mean more speakers/subs, etc.

Reactions: PRSIST
There has been a lot of chatter since Friday night, so at the risk of asking what others may have already asked, I would love some feedback on what everybody thinks about a few things that I, and probably others, have observed now that we have more information on the M3.

5. WHEELS – 18” Aero??

No autopilot for me. $5,000 for something that will be used sparingly or maybe not at all seems pricey just to say, “I have autopilot!”

Would love to hear back from all of you and see if maybe you have heard or read somewhere else any answers to what I have mentioned.

1. streaming is provided by slacker, it is like spotify or pandora. there is no extra charge
2. textile seats is a combo of leather vinyl and clothe, look up model s one to get an idea.
3. model s/x lte comes with the car for free
4. black paint is probably rolled into the price of the car already, other paints such as metallic and pearls cost more(in materials)
5. there are 19inch wheels for $1500 more but there is a lot of aftermarket selections tbh
6. refer to slacker radio

Reactions: PRSIST

5. WHEELS – 18” Aero??

I'm pretty sure all of the cars built so far include the premium package. So these are the leather (or leather substitute) seats. We have not seen the textile seats yet.

I'm also curious what will be on the dash instead of wood, since it sounds like the wood is part of the premium package.

I'll probably get the premium because I want the leather, wood, power and heated seats, folding mirrors, and glass roof. Seems like a decent option package for everything that's in it to me.

Reactions: Runt8
From what I was told at the local Gallery, LTE is included in Model S/X for 4 years. After that i would assume that you have to pay something. I am also guessing that at least at one time this was included for life and is the 4 year thing applies to new purchases. They did not have any information on how this is going to work on the Model 3 at this point.....