Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane Mode- All the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read closely. The purpose of insane is not street legal. It's for track starts.
But is it really??? Does it say that in the manual? Does the original M3P in sport mode only to be used on the track. Cause thats insane. I dont think that it “starts” any different than my 2020 Mp3 just cause crazy Elon decided to call it “insane” mode. But you go ahead and reserve that for the “track” and 90% of the time waste the purpose and potential of a great sports car thats great to drive how I like to drive. To me what you are describing is “track mode”. Heck they even put “track” in the name so its easy to understand.

But is it really??? Does it say that in the manual? Does the original M3P in sport mode only to be used on the track. Cause thats insane. I dont think that it “starts” any different than my 2020 Mp3 just cause crazy Elon decided to call it “insane” mode. But you go ahead and reserve that for the “track” and 90% of the time waste the purpose and potential of a great sports car thats great to drive how I like to drive. To me what you are describing is “track mode”. Heck they even put “track” in the name so its easy to understand.

Let's go back a little in history. Yes, those modes were added to help the folks that took the cars out to the track. One of the big problems with taking the earlier vehicles on the track was traction control, the vehicle wouldn't slip the way that is needed to optimize track times.
The launch and battery cooling management of Insane were added expressly for needs of those on the track.

Let's go back a little in history. Yes, those modes were added to help the folks that took the cars out to the track. One of the big problems with taking the earlier vehicles on the track was traction control, the vehicle wouldn't slip the way that is needed to optimize track times.
The launch and battery cooling management of Insane were added expressly for needs of those on the track.

Sorry but Insane mode won't overclock the compressor nor turn off the intrusive nannies for track use. Sounds like you've never used Track Mode. On a hot day, even Track Mode will overheat the car and you'll go into thermal limits even on a canyon road...but at least you get some fun before that happens. Insane / Sport has no chance on track. Insane is for sport fun on streets...not suitable for track.

Reactions: Kilotango74
Do you own a 24 M3P or have you driven one? You are really providing a lot of misinformation about insane mode on these cars.