Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install FSD HW3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont know if it can be done by mobile, but I do know sometimes they have issues programing it, so I would recommend doing it at a Service Center. My service center is about 35-40 miles away, but I had it done there instead of seeing if mobile could do it for that reason.

While the thread is ginormous, there's lots of information about getting the HW3 upgrade both by mobile service (aka, rangers) and at a brick-and-mortar Service Center: MASTER THREAD: Model 3 HW3 retrofit questions, wait time, issues

Back in late April I got my HW3 upgrade in my driveway. This was after I was proactively contacted about the upgrade being available to me and they offered mobile service. From reading the sticky thread I referenced above, mobile service is not available everywhere. My suggestion is to ask them if they can do it at your home/work. Upcoming good weather here in the Bay Area should not be a cause for re-scheduling.

I’m in Mass and I’ve tried to have the hw 3 install done by mobile service twice and they reschedule it at the service center. They say they can’t do it with mobile service. Hope they change soon, I’d much rather have it done at my house while I do other things instead of killing a day at the service center.

Dallas/Fort Worth area here, just had mine done on my 3. Mobile service performed it (and left me the dual motor badge I never got after owning for a year and a half lol). I live an hour away from a service station so I was grateful it could be done that way.

I did NOT get contacted, I simply put in a mobile service request saying I paid for FSD but didn't have the stoplight features that I have on my Raven X and asked if HW3 was available yet. They delayed it once saying the part hadn't come in, but only by a week or two. Tech did a great job, was done in two hours. He said it's easy to install, most of the time is spent waiting on software setup.

Reactions: TORQU3
SF Bay area and just got a text that mobile for FSD upgrade was available and how to schedule. Paid for it awhile ago at the upgrade sale price offered back last March. Was waiting to be contacted about coming in but with covid never followed up so this was a nice surprise. Set for next week. Was curious how others’ mobile appointments went so glad to find this thread. Been curious to see the street signs and such on my car’s display.

My service center is kind of inconvenient to reach right now since we are WFH and it’s a bit of a drive and then we’d have to wait there, so very pleased to see mobile was made available. Earlier this spring after covid shutdown had my AC cleaned and new filter done by mobile and worked out great.

Mine took about 2hrs with mobile techs, but there were two of them and one was in training, so thus the slightly longer install time. The HW upgrade and additional features and visuals were/are nice. The new ding on green light feature is very nice and works quite well. If you are coming from basic AP then you will be very well surprised at all the new features. Even coming for EAP there are still a lot of improvements to enjoy. It's nice to get FW updates now because there are typically some new features being added with every release, so it's a nice bonus. Enjoy! Let us know what you think of all the new features once you are upgraded. Lots of new feature to turn on and try out!

Reactions: TORQU3