Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed 2020.20.12 - Had to soft reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the update yesterday and today for some reason the radio wouldn’t work at all. The right steering wheel button stopped working and all sound stopped working including the indicators.

Then whilst driving the radio came on full blast and I could not turn it down. I only managed to stop the sound by switching to Spotify and pressing pause.

I got home tonight and have carried out a soft reboot which appears to have restored functionality.

This is what I have done for reference:
  • Soft Reboot: Hold down both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black and continue holding until the Tesla logo appears. Then let go.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
the radio wouldn’t work at all. The right steering wheel button stopped working and all sound stopped working including the indicators.

Yeah, had this as well, but not the max volume part - no sound at all!

Sound did come back later in the trip, but then there was no FM/DAB radio at all (just a tumble drier icon), so ended up doing the two button thing.

Not had the audio issue, but I've now had to soft reboot three times with black screen when I enter the car.
First time I gave it a good 3 minutes of poking things before rebooting to make sure it wasn't just slow.
Aircon comes on and I can see it powering up the USB a couple of times as the lights on my wireless dock flash, so there's some sort of power cycle happening.
Not had it before so it's clearly either an issue with 2020.20.12 ... or my car is dying