Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed 2022.44.30.5, Lost all Settings, No FSD Features, What now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR a firmware reinstall fixed it. You can do this yourself, no need to go to the service center like I did.

Just hoping someone has already been through this. I installed 2022.44.30.5 a couple weeks ago. After the update my car looked like it was factory reset. Lost all driver profiles. Lost all Homelink settings. Lost all navigation favorites. All in car settings reset to default. Most of this is "fine" in that I can reconfigure everything. This has never happened to me before (got the car in June 2019), so I was a bit surprised.

But, more importantly, the release notes say:
You can enable Full Self-Driving (Beta) by tapping 'Control' > 'Autopilot' > 'Full Self-Driving (Beta)' and following the instructions.
I don't have this setting. Prior to the update, I *did* have the FSD Beta request button. I did *not* enroll in the beta. I wanted to wait for the general release and I didn't care for the social credit "Safety Score" stuff.

I made a service visit request. They said, via the app, they would do a diagnostic. I assumed it would all be handled remote but I actually had to take the car in. It has not been pretty...I'm sitting at Tesla service right now typing this...a bit pissed!

So the service advisor had me meet with the service tech who tried to explain to me that the car was working as intended. FSD is not "automous". FSD does lane changes on the freeway and stops at stop lights. That's it. No Tesla has autonomous driving. Trust me, I own two of them. He literally said this to me!

I showed him the release notes. I showed him where the button should be. I showed him screen shots. I even showed him a Youtube video if MKBHD using it from December. He basically gave up and asked the service advisor to have someone else work on it.

So now they are going to reinstall the software and "escalate to an engineer". As clueless as they are, I don't think this service visit is going to accomplish anything.

Meanwhile my Model X has been here for 2 weeks waiting for a new front drive unit. That's two cars I have in for service. At least I get some Uber credits :mad:

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOman
FYI I also sent an email to the FSD beta email address. I'm kind of worried that will make things worse, if they try to change anything while the service center is messing with it at the same time, since they obviously aren't communicating with each other.

How can the service center be so clueless?! :(

Reactions: MTOman
There are others who mentioned issues in other threads about the same thing. Some said there was a phantom profile that was created and they were able to get the settings back. Someone mentioned they did a service menu re-install of the same firmware and that solved it (could have been a screwed up software install). You have multiple Teslas which could be an issue with the new Cloud Sync feature that was introduced where settings are sent to the cloud and then back down to other cars in multi-Tesla accounts.

Reactions: Bigtuna00
After the update my car looked like it was factory reset. Lost all driver profiles. Lost all Homelink settings. Lost all navigation favorites. All in car settings reset to default.
Symptoms seem similar to Settings Reset After 2022.44.25.5 Update - Unenrolled from FSD Beta?

Sounds like the solution was reinstalling the vehicle software which is what Service is doing, so hopefully that fixes things for you:

Thanks, I did try to search but didn't find an example that was quite the same (lots of used cars, old hardware, etc.) I even searched for "2022.44.25.5" but didn't find this thread! Let's hope it works.

Reactions: Dewg
TL;DR a firmware reinstall fixed it. You can do this yourself, no need to go to the service center like I did.

Just hoping someone has already been through this. I installed 2022.44.30.5 a couple weeks ago. After the update my car looked like it was factory reset. Lost all driver profiles. Lost all Homelink settings. Lost all navigation favorites. All in car settings reset to default. Most of this is "fine" in that I can reconfigure everything. This has never happened to me before (got the car in June 2019), so I was a bit surprised.

I don't have this setting. Prior to the update, I *did* have the FSD Beta request button. I did *not* enroll in the beta. I wanted to wait for the general release and I didn't care for the social credit "Safety Score" stuff.

I made a service visit request. They said, via the app, they would do a diagnostic. I assumed it would all be handled remote but I actually had to take the car in. It has not been pretty...I'm sitting at Tesla service right now typing this...a bit pissed!

So the service advisor had me meet with the service tech who tried to explain to me that the car was working as intended. FSD is not "automous". FSD does lane changes on the freeway and stops at stop lights. That's it. No Tesla has autonomous driving. Trust me, I own two of them. He literally said this to me!

I showed him the release notes. I showed him where the button should be. I showed him screen shots. I even showed him a Youtube video if MKBHD using it from December. He basically gave up and asked the service advisor to have someone else work on it.

So now they are going to reinstall the software and "escalate to an engineer". As clueless as they are, I don't think this service visit is going to accomplish anything.

Meanwhile my Model X has been here for 2 weeks waiting for a new front drive unit. That's two cars I have in for service. At least I get some Uber credits :mad:

Can anyone help?
this happened to me as well. I rebooted the mcu and the button came back.

Reactions: MishaV

Can anyone help?
this happened to me as well. I rebooted the mcu and the button came bac

And that requires the service menu? I haven't been in it in a while, does that still require being in close geolocation to a service center here in the USA?

Nope - I was the original poster of Settings Reset After 2022.44.25.5 Update - Unenrolled from FSD Beta? and can confirm you can do a software reinstall via service menu from anywhere. Reinstalling the update, toggling out of the FSD Beta queue (which I think is now gone), and then an MCU reboot solved it for me.

Can anyone help?
Everyone keeps saying "Reinstall from the Service Menu". My Model 3 LR does not show that option on the service menu. Is it hidden somewhere?