Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing 2019.40.50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, its picking up what I say just get command not understood. So still issues with it. Still none of the example commands on the release notes work for me. Even though word for word its picked up on the screen.

Ok, its picking up what I say just get command not understood. So still issues with it. Still none of the example commands on the release notes work for me. Even though word for word its picked up on the screen.
Same outcome for me - very erratic and usually fails saying 'command not understood' even although it has correctly displayed on the screen the words I have said. I wonder why is this still not working in the UK if it is working fine in the US? I think Tesla have to alter the code in the UK to hobble some of the functionality provided in the US, such s Smart Summon, because EU regulations require this (don't start blaming this on the UN either, the EU chose to adopt and enforce the regulations, whoever first suggested them), but surely there can't be an EU regulation requiring voice recognition software to be *sugar* - can there!?
For the avoidance of doubt, regarding comments above, I am an ardent remainer and generally pro EU, I just want a more sensible fact based approach to which regulations are applied.

Just been out to test .7 hoping for big improvements but sadly not. Probably 30% success rate. This was reading from the "approved" list and after a hard reboot.

If anything the phone and music recognition was marginally better but the car controls were still pants. The glove box and wing mirror commands were most consistent but several commands, e.g tyre pressures, didn't work at all.

I see they have issues with this on the US forums but nothing like over here. Fortunately it's not critical stuff but it is a bit disappointing at this stage

Just been out to test .7 hoping for big improvements but sadly not. Probably 30% success rate. This was reading from the "approved" list and after a hard reboot.

If anything the phone and music recognition was marginally better but the car controls were still pants. The glove box and wing mirror commands were most consistent but several commands, e.g tyre pressures, didn't work at all.

I see they have issues with this on the US forums but nothing like over here. Fortunately it's not critical stuff but it is a bit disappointing at this stage
Working well for me 'My butt is cold' is hilarious !

Have you checked which bugs specifically this latest update fixes? I was still having very inconsistent results yesterday with the voice commands (most useful new feature in my view) after installing .40.50.5
Some voice commands were working finally. I could turn seat heaters off and on and consistently open the glovebox, but it simply refused to understand any permutation of words asking it to show the rear view camera. I couldn't even blame it on my Scottish accent as it rendered the words I was saying perfectly on the screen - it just stated that this command was not recognised. Very strange as this 'show camera' command has been widely demonstrated on YouTube videos by others. I already tried rebooting and disconnecting the drive I use for Sentry mode, which some people have claimed solved the voice command recognition problems, but didn't work for me.
Will test .40.50.7 later and report back

Most of my voice commands do not work (40.50.7), and I can't send text messages either. The script is many times correct on screen, but nothing happens or I get the "command not understood". Maybe this is some kind of regional issue (Finland)?
The voice commands got a little bit better with 40.50.5 but still no change to for example what I see on Youtube.

Fleet Speed: On my drive to work there is a dual carriageway that does a tight loop. On autopilot the car automatically reduces the target speed (blue number) for the corner and then automatically increases it after the corner. It used to fail badly here but now it’s OK but a bit like the nervous teenager expression others have used.