Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm running 2022.44.2. If I buy FSD can I upgrade to FSD Beta 10.69.3.1? Heard something about later vehicle software versions not allowing this beta.
FSD beta is now on wide release so if you paid for FSD, you will get FSD beta.

It's just a matter of timing. If you got the correct branch out of 2 branches of versions, you'll get it sooner. If you got the other one, you might need to wait for the FSD beta to catch up with your version, so it'll take more time.

Reactions: Senpai
FSD beta is now on wide release so if you paid for FSD, you will get FSD beta.

It's just a matter of timing. If you got the correct branch out of 2 branches of versions, you'll get it sooner. If you got the other one, you might need to wait for the FSD beta to catch up with your version, so it'll take more time.
Yea I am currently waiting. I am on 2022.40.4.2.

From what I understand, we can not install software updates to allow FSD to "catch up". My question is, when I am notified there is an update, and I don't install it, how do I make sure the right thing installs when it finally does catch up? Wouldn't the original update install even if I waited, or does it know to download the newer version?

From what I understand, we can not install software updates to allow FSD to "catch up". My question is, when I am notified there is an update, and I don't install it, how do I make sure the right thing installs when it finally does catch up? Wouldn't the original update install even if I waited, or does it know to download the newer version?
I'm not sure I fully understand your question. However, there is no longer a two branch approach. Now, all software builds have FSD capability whether subscribed to FSD or not. You can activate it or deactivate it at any time without needing a new software install.

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. However, there is no longer a two branch approach. Now, all software builds have FSD capability whether subscribed to FSD or not. You can activate it or deactivate it at any time without needing a new software install.
I posted this yesterday: Wiki - FSD Beta v11.x
I just took delivery of a new s with FSD but the option isn't there for me yet, in the post the reply was to not install any updates or I'll never get it. Unless you are talking about FSD and I'm talking about the beta.

Last edited:
I posted this yesterday: Wiki - FSD Beta v11.x
I just took delivery of a new s with FSD but the option isn't there for me yet, in the post the reply was to not install any updates or I'll never get it. Unless you are talking about FSD and I'm talking about the beta.
Congrats on your new S :)

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought Tesla had now merged the branches and there was no longer a separate branch for non-FSD Beta and FSD Beta.
(There is no FSD; there is only FSD-Beta or AutoPilot).

If the branches are not merged yet, then you likely have a button to request admittance into FSD Beta? And, if they are not merged then you are correct that you do not want to complete updates because AutoPilot (normie) branch is always ahead of FSD Beta.

Reactions: fasteddie7