Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing Powerwall 2 on the same circuit as a HPWC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[crossposting from the very quiet Tesla Energy forum]

I'm installing a 50amp 240v circuit powering a HPWC and I'm looking at installing a Powerwall 2 in the coming months as well. My main panel is 125 amps and doesn't have the capacity for an additional circuit required for a Powerwall.

So my question is, since the v2 HPWCs are smart and can share a circuit with up to 7 other HPWCs, coordinating timing, is the Powerwall 2 being made with the same coordinating intelligence? I'm getting a Powerwall 2 for load-shifting, charging up from the grid at night and discharging to the house during peak hours.

If they could work together, giving the HPWC charging priority and charging the powerwall when the car is full, this would mean I wouldn't have to spend several thousands of dollars upgrading my house panel to 200 amps.

Info on the Powerwall 2 is pretty hard to come by, but it would be good to know if there's anything special I should be doing during the current installation to make the Powerwall 2 installation easier (or possible) down the road.