Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing Viofo A129 dashcam with park mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still haven't hardwired it to the car as I still have not a good connector and I do not want to cut into the existing wiring. Thanks for reminding as I have to order a new connector as I didn't receive my connector after weeks.

It does seem that when you have Sentry mode enabled that the USB connectors remain powered which currently also keeps my A129 Duo running.

Reactions: vitesse
I have ordered this same camera setup and my plan is to install it backards, meaning the front camera will face the rear and the back camera will face the front (since the video quality, resolution, lenses and hardware are the same. it really wont matter. This way I will have a much smaller footprint camera on the windshield...

By the way I found these videos online showing where you can get a constant 12V power and Acc (12V - when car is on)

Constant 12V :
Switched ingnition ACC 12v:

You can tecnically install the viofo parking cable to these terminals to get the desired effect.
I'm powering the cams constantly from the OBD port under the drivers side dashboard. You can get an inexpensive adapter and USB cable port from Amazon.

The problem with putting the front camera at the back is that it's not convenient for finding a constant power supply for the 'front’ camera.

I'm powering the cams constantly from the OBD port under the drivers side dashboard. You can get an inexpensive adapter and USB cable port from Amazon.

The problem with putting the front camera at the back is that it's not convenient for finding a constant power supply for the 'front’ camera.
There is actually a constant 12 volt going to the power liftgate: check it out here:
12v constant in rear trunk

There is actually a constant 12 volt going to the power liftgate: check it out here:
12v constant in rear trunk
I think I did see that but the OBD solution is simple and cheap. I can't see either camera when sat normally when driving so I have no incentive to place the smaller camera at the front. I'd rather use a 112V supply at the back to power something like a cool box for picnics :D

I installed my cameras a few days ago, and have noticed that the car is having a hard time finding the key inside. I get a "key not inside the car" notice when the car is running and Im sitting with the key in my right pocket... Has anybody else experience this?? could it be the wifi module interfering with the RFID the car has to see the keys?

I installed my cameras a few days ago, and have noticed that the car is having a hard time finding the key inside. I get a "key not inside the car" notice when the car is running and Im sitting with the key in my right pocket... Has anybody else experience this?? could it be the wifi module interfering with the RFID the car has to see the keys?
I only switch WiFi on the camera when I need it?

If anybody else is having problems with the dual cameras interfering with their electronics, (key fob, gps, charging door) here are a few tips:

• I found out that the video cable that connects both cameras is responsible for emitting waves that screw these up...
  • I installed my cable passing through the drivers side boot at the hatch. (first mistake) you should route the cable on the passenger side, since there is less sensitve cables here...
  • The driver's side houses the cables for the FOB antennas as well as the RF antenna for the automatic door of the car's charging port.
  • The cable provided by viofo is not well insulated. This also happened to some older model Blackvue Cameras.
  • Here are a couple of links to read more about the issue: Charging Port interference and Key FOB
  • I corrected 70% of the issue by adding ferrite cores along the length of the video cable.
Hope this helps anyone out there... It was driving me crazy.

If anybody else is having problems with the dual cameras interfering with their electronics, (key fob, gps, charging door) here are a few tips:

• I found out that the video cable that connects both cameras is responsible for emitting waves that screw these up...
  • I installed my cable passing through the drivers side boot at the hatch. (first mistake) you should route the cable on the passenger side, since there is less sensitve cables here...
  • The driver's side houses the cables for the FOB antennas as well as the RF antenna for the automatic door of the car's charging port.
  • The cable provided by viofo is not well insulated. This also happened to some older model Blackvue Cameras.
  • Here are a couple of links to read more about the issue: Charging Port interference and Key FOB
  • I corrected 70% of the issue by adding ferrite cores along the length of the video cable.
Hope this helps anyone out there... It was driving me crazy.

I honestly haven't noticed any problems and I've got the rear camera cable running along the driver's side like you.

Do you have the camera WiFi switched on all the time? I don't.