Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument Planel - Yellow Haze/reduced resolution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a strange issue with my 2015 MS P85D with 9,200 miles. The instrument panel started up with a yellow haze around the entire panel and the graphics appeared to loose resolution. See picture. I tried to hard restart the panel by holding down the top two buttons on the steering wheel, but it did not have an effect. It wasn't until I was home and plugged in the car for 30 minutes that the issue stopped and the panel went back to normal. Has any one experienced a similar issue?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 194
Had that happen once after rebooting the instrument panel display (I don't remember why right now). I'd describe it more like if the brightness was cranked up way past a reasonable maximum level. I didn't do anything to fix the problem, but it did slowly fade back to an appropriate brightness level.

It happened to my 2015 85D on numerous occasions about 2 months after "12V Battery needs replacement" warning came on.(Dec 2017) I had to wait 3 months to get the battery replaced, and during that last month, the white-out occurred more frequently, sometimes lasting days. After battery replacement, white-out solved. My firmware was up to date during this time, so I am wondering if anyone else noted the white-out screen prior to 12V battery replacement?