Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Claim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I was curious what people's experience with insurance claims are like. I know most of the time insurance companies don't like to cover OEM parts. I was wondering if this was true with Tesla, since there aren't really after market parts available.

I was curious what people's experience with insurance claims are like. I know most of the time insurance companies don't like to cover OEM parts. I was wondering if this was true with Tesla, since there aren't really after market parts available.

Interesting, my insurance company, State Farm, only likes to have OEM parts used. They will only use non-OEM parts for non-safety related items, and even then they have to be CAPA certified. (I have seen them total multiple older cars because OEM parts weren't available and the aftermarket parts that were available weren't CAPA certified.)

Maybe it is regional, because around here Leif's Auto Collision has really pushed the envelope on making insurance companies pay to repair cars "correctly" to pre-loss condition. (As is allowed under state laws.)