Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance in Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for better insurance rates in Montreal and better service.
Yesterday when I called RBC (my current broker) it took 3 hours for a call back and then the rate sucked.

Any good brokers out there? I like talking with a normal person who lives here.

I've done the on line thing and well I'm old school. RBC used to be good for contacts but now with everyone working from home and the outsourcing of jobs.

Note that RBC white labels Aviva insurance. They are possibly the worst and will drop you at any point as they did us for failing to deliver a document on time. And this was after years of no claims and never missing a payment. My wife had a couple moving violations for looking at her mobile phone. You should consider a broker. Check out Coronet Insurance in Montreal West. The late Elliot Shatsky (owner) was my neighbour and a great guy. Call 514-489-4858

Last edited:
The ones that I found expensive (based on personal experience) are the banks, CAA, and Allstate. The company I use is Aviva (thru a broker) and while I understand that the rate depends on your driving record, etc. I have been happy with their service and quote. I also suggest you look at Belair and Wawanesa's rates.
My friends have also used TD Insurance Meloche Monnex but I found that their rates are not competitive (for me). Good luck and share with us who you decided to go with and why.

Belair I was with 30 years ago and didn't like them then. They quoted me yesterday and they were shocked to learn that they weren't the cheapest.
Been with Allstate in the past as well and not feeling it with them.

I'm leaning towards a broker but don't want to pay extra if you know what I mean.

Belair I was with 30 years ago and didn't like them then. They quoted me yesterday and they were shocked to learn that they weren't the cheapest.
Been with Allstate in the past as well and not feeling it with them.

I'm leaning towards a broker but don't want to pay extra if you know what I mean.
I/we found brokers to be actually less costly here in the Big Smoke (Toronto).