Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance New Vehicle [2021 Megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow... just got a letter in the post from PSA saying they're going to need to cancel my insurance. Phoned up and the reason was that "new cars have to be our own" - so when the guy on the phone insured my brand new 2021 Tesla Model 3 which didn't even have a registered number plate on the DVLA website yet, he failed to inform me of that.

EDIT: Just phoned up again and they said that "new cars don't have to be Peugeot" - wish they could just give a definitive answer!! Turns out that the reason for my cancellation was actually an "undisclosed claim" that Admiral had sent over to them and they voided the policy (mostly because I had sent off 5 yr NCD) - well I phoned Admiral and it was a bloody windscreen chip 😂 - Called PSA back up and told them and they said that they can cancel the cancellation - so we'll see if that happens... I have a Churchill quote stored just in case...

Last edited:
Thumbs up from me for Peugeot Insurance. Over £600 on confused.com and less than £400 for Peugeot. Spoke to them as car not registered yet and they sorted everything, including lease company ownership. They also arranged temporary cover for my existing car while I sell it. They really couldn't have been more helpful and I now have a certificate ready for my collection tomorrow :)

One thing to note with Peugeot insurance is they give a great price but in my case once I added protected no claims and zero voluntary excess (compulsory at £500) it shot up, so much so that admiral was better at £413 taking the above into account. Just make sure you are checking like for like 👍

Reactions: Squibbly and Js1977
Peugeot insurance covers driving any other car at 3rd party as standard as stated on the policy. Can someone confirm if theirs does this too?
There might be a small print on that at an educated guess. It will depend on age(mostly) , how long you held your full licence etc.

Its not a given that anyones policy will reflect on what you will get unless they disclose their full details from which you will determine their birth sign and possibly determine your fortune.

There is a cooling off period if it doesn't suit your needs.